OECK - A Next-Gen VPN.

Hi l3ta,

I'm not sure what you mean. forum_bg.png is transparent. It should be the exact same background colour as the page background. If you can share a screenshot I will take a look.
Sure. At the time I took this screenshot, they didn't match:

tqUb6hh.png

Looks ok now. I still like the original white bg tho. :cool:

@Oeck - welcome to asking people's opinions, then feeling you have to pander.
I learnt the hard way. Simply give people what YOU feel is best and ideal for your business model. Don't ask for their opinion.
If I could give anyone, any solid advice, it'd be this....
(y)
No, it's not like that :p At least that's not how I feel. This has been very beneficial. For example, Mike pointing out the footer headings. On all of my browsers it is showing correctly, but according to his screenshot it is not displaying correctly. So that is a fix we would never have picked up on. We appreciate all of the feedback :)

This looks great (I would never have guessed that was XF, and I have seen a lot of XF sites): https://www.oeck.com/community/

This also looks great: https://www.oeck.com/features/

Personally though, they feel like two completely different sites.

The features page is XF too :)

Sure. At the time I took this screenshot, they didn't match:

tqUb6hh.png

Looks ok now. I still like the original white bg tho. :cool:
It must have been cached in your browser. Originally it was a .jpg file with a white background. Glad it is fixed :)

Thanks again for all of the help everyone. Please keep the suggestions and bugs coming. It is a great deal of help.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. We made our first ad for our service. See what you think :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Very nice!

Feel free to ignore if this is a dumb question, but is there not a lot of liability involved in offering a proxy service?

Way kewl and catchy! Love it.
Hi @l3ta,

Thank you very much :)

Very nice!

Feel free to ignore if this is a dumb question, but is there not a lot of liability involved in offering a proxy service?

Hi @Mike Creuzer,

There are no dumb questions. I will try to answer your question as best as I can.

Governments all over the world have forgotten that they work for their people. Over time, citizens rights to their own privacy have been stripped away via both legal and illegal ways by their own governments. Oeck is here to allow people from around the world to take back their right to privacy. What you do in your own house is nobody's business. Likewise, what you do online is nobody's business either.

Oeck does not log any user traffic whatsoever. If we are asked or forced to hand over information, there is nothing to hand over. Our systems are fully automated and do not require human intervention. There are safe harbors which we fall under and Hong Kong has fantastic privacy and consumer laws. This keeps both us and our customers safe.

I hope this answers your question. If not, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi everyone,

What do you guys think of the user control panel and port-forwarding pages?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Site has a nice sleek presentation design on the feature pages... etc I think it looks very well made. May I ask did you design the html/css portion of the website yourself? It looks good. Either way I bet it took a lot of work. I have been making templates myself for fun from time to time to try and test my developer skills for web development. This one is nice. Something I might suggest for your homepage (this is after you get some clients) is to have a ticker that shows the amount of users you have so far as well as the amount of purchases... etc What I mean by ticker is where the numbers move real fast and then get to the final number. A good look for you would be when you scroll down that portion of the page could come into view.

Anyways well done.

Site looks amazing, really loving the theme of it. Best of luck with your service, if I may ask, what countries will be offered?

Site has a nice sleek presentation design on the feature pages... etc I think it looks very well made. May I ask did you design the html/css portion of the website yourself? It looks good. Either way I bet it took a lot of work. I have been making templates myself for fun from time to time to try and test my developer skills for web development. This one is nice. Something I might suggest for your homepage (this is after you get some clients) is to have a ticker that shows the amount of users you have so far as well as the amount of purchases... etc What I mean by ticker is where the numbers move real fast and then get to the final number. A good look for you would be when you scroll down that portion of the page could come into view.

Anyways well done.

Hi Brad,

Thank you very much for the compliments! I love the ticker idea :)

Yes, this was made by myself and did take a fair bit of work.

Keep playing with CSS and HTML, I found stackexchange to be of real great use. You will learn a whole bunch there!

Site looks amazing, really loving the theme of it. Best of luck with your service, if I may ask, what countries will be offered?

Hi Sprux,

Thank you very much for your well-wishes!

VPN regions are Melbourne, Sydney, London, Seattle and Amsterdam.
Unblocking regions are currently Australia, USA, UK, Germany, Brazil, India, Mexico and Canada.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi everyone,

We have now launched the service into a free, open beta. Please feel free to come and have a play with it.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi everyone,

We have now launched the service into a free, open beta. Please feel free to come and have a play with it.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Free (for now) VPN?

Free (for now) VPN?

Hi @trapped_soul,

It is free for the duration of Beta. Since we have bugs to find and iron out, we have provided the service for free. Once we have a stable release ready, we will disable the free accounts and if you like the service and wish to continue using it, you can simply purchase a subscription. We do ask however that during Beta you provide us with information regarding any bugs. You will get instructions upon sign up.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Hi @trapped_soul,

It is free for the duration of Beta. Since we have bugs to find and iron out, we have provided the service for free. Once we have a stable release ready, we will disable the free accounts and if you like the service and wish to continue using it, you can simply purchase a subscription. We do ask however that during Beta you provide us with information regarding any bugs. You will get instructions upon sign up.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Hi Peter,
I will certainly check it out and see what's what. Subs are neither here or there (we all have mouths to feed) but was interested in the way you're doing this.
Thank you and I will definitely have a look.
Thank you!

Hi trapped_soul,

I will certainly check it out and see what's what. Subs are neither here or there (we all have mouths to feed) but was interested in the way you're doing this.

Thanks. I just wanted to ensure this wasn't confused as a "free vpn" service. It is a service we will be changing for - after beta.

Thank you and I will definitely have a look.

Great! If you run into any issues, please post them on our Community ( rather than a support ticket ). It will be a good idea to have a read of our User Manual to get an idea of how everything ties together, as it works differently to traditional VPN services. Looking forward to having you there!

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Thanks. I just wanted to ensure this wasn't confused as a "free vpn" service. It is a service we will be changing for - after beta.
Absolutely. (y)
Great! If you run into any issues, please post them on our Community ( rather than a support ticket ). It will be a good idea to have a read of our User Manual to get an idea of how everything ties together, as it works differently to traditional VPN services. Looking forward to having you there!

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
Thank you, will do. It's rather late now here (01:23) but tomorrow will have a look.
With very many thanks
Regards

Top Bottom