Open Attached Images in a Lightbox

Highslide, that is groovy, perhaps the xenforo team could lighten the opacity of the background overlay image a smidgen too, so it would look more like the fancybox, but with the ability to move the image around.

I prefer none of them as I think that if this is implemented it will be a custom feature set.

For one Highslide is not free for the guys to add as standard so would either need to purchase a commercial licence or offer it as a free modification and not part of the core product.

So what it's only $179 'commercial unlimited' that's nothing and it saves them time reinventing the wheel.

They already have a lightbox implementation though used for many area's of the site... why uses someone else's code when they can easily make their own?

They already have a lightbox implementation though used for many area's of the site... why uses someone else's code when they can easily make their own?
If they have the time for that, sure. If not, $179 is a small investment for what looks to be a well coded feature.

Thank you for the link, I will merge now, especially since the answer is in the other thread.

Threads merged...

First off, let me say this is not free. In fact, I'm not sure there is even a commercial version, but personal is only $14. Perhaps something can be worked out with the developer...

I usually a fan of highslide. But since I have seen this, I would love it to it in xenForo(I know it's not likely so don't flame me). I can dream can't I? xenForo has a nice feel to it, but this is something I think could manage some pop-ups? Maybe even image attachments...

Either way, some user's might want to check this out and use it for personal reasons. There is a tutorial for adding highslide to attachments here. I'm sure Lightbox Evolution is would be similar.

I am not affiliated with Lightbox Evolution in any way. So please don't mistake me for spamming...

I know the answer is most likely no, but I thought it was worth a mention. Or perhaps xenForo can design something with similar behavior?

I think our own overlay framework would probably deliver a similar experience to Highslide.

As far as I can tell, the key features to implement are:

1) Open images on the same page in an overlay

2) Allow captioning etc. (in our case it would be filename, view count, upload date etc.)

3) Support navigating all attached images on a page

4) Support keyboard navigation (left, right) to jump between images

Anything else?

Hi Kier,

I'll add a few thoughts that might help as you guys decide your codes functionality.

I really think the ability to move the image around the page is a benefit.

Also, I don't like when images open with an effect that then require you to find the "close" link to close it. It seems to slow the experience of the site.

I like the ability to click anywhere on the image or modal to close it.

when incorporating highslide thumbs in beta 4, i noticed new lightbox code that hadnt been there in beta 3. i think it is something they are working toward.

when incorporating highslide thumbs in beta 4, i noticed new lightbox code that hadnt been there in beta 3. i think it is something they are working toward.
It is, but at this point I can't give a firm estimate as to when the work will be completed. It may not be a 1.0 feature, but it is fairly high on my list.

Top Bottom