Open Attached Images in a Lightbox

And very easy to do, I suspect it's on the todo list and they simply haven't had time yet. They can add overlay class to the tag and it should already work.

Yes I like the lightbox facility too. Any chance that images uploaded as opposed to linked could have thumbnails as in vb? Don't like the uploaded image details showing in the actual post.

Great news Kier, thanks for taking the time to reading our posts and posting where possible.

Lightbox for attachments has been suggested and I believe Kier said it will come.

Oh, and it's JavaScript, not Java. Two completely different things. ;)

The Highslide does look good but for me it is enough with and simple lightbox that they already use for other stuff on XenForo.

Lightbox for attachments has been suggested and I believe Kier said it will come.

Oh, and it's JavaScript, not Java. Two completely different things. ;)

Highslide is way better in my opinion than Lightbox.

And yeah, I'm an idiot who tries to type too fast and screws up obvious words. LOL

Highslide looks great... It's fast too. :) Although they already have their own lightbox implementation, so I have a feeling they'll just use that. :)

I think our own overlay framework would probably deliver a similar experience to Highslide.

As far as I can tell, the key features to implement are:

1) Open images on the same page in an overlay

2) Allow captioning etc. (in our case it would be filename, view count, upload date etc.)

3) Support navigating all attached images on a page

4) Support keyboard navigation (left, right) to jump between images

Anything else?

6) Have a row of thumbnails for all available images underneath the current image.
7) How do you deal with images that are larger than the current viewport size? Scale them down in-browser?

8) Make it so we can use it easily in our add-ons. If you are setting your IDs and your JS relies on said IDs then it is hard for us to use it because IDs need to be unique. That leaves custom JS or pulling in say Highslide for our add-ons and bypassing your JS to avoid file edits.

Pimping one more time for Highslide... http://highslide.com/#examples

Top Bottom