1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only reply to own threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Alluidh, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

A very little but very helpfull permission for some parts like support or something like this

A member should be able to see all threads in a forum but he/she should only be able to reply to own open threads.

Until now the only way is to show members only there own threads, but this isn't the way and until now there is no add-on for this permision. (Searched for the add-on and for a suggestion like this, but maybe i used the wrong keywords ;))
    hcmagix, Newt, Luis and 9 others like this.
  2. Maestro2k5

Maestro2k5 Member

+1 Good Idea
  3. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Also nice for a blog like thread without comments
    Maestro2k5 likes this.
  4. Janmaat

Janmaat Active Member

very needful indeed
  5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I had coded such an add on for someone some time ago but forgot to add it to the RM. This thread reminded me of it.

Shelley likes this.
  6. markku

markku Well-Known Member

Should be in core & free.

Hope to see this
    Janmaat likes this.
  7. Alluidh

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I don't personally see any reason how this is helpful.
  9. Janmaat

Janmaat Active Member

10. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, I understand the core part but why it should be a free add on?
  11. Alluidh

Should we say "cheaper"? I compare your 6€ with something like a gallery or something like this for 50€

I understand and respect your work, but please understand me. In my opinion 6€ is a lot of money for this function ;)
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This suggestion thread is not the place to discuss what someone charges for an add-on. If you don't want to pay the price, wait for another option to come about.
    Shelley and borbole like this.
  13. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

as opposed to being worried about the money, contemplate how much you'll like this ... and without @borbole you'd SOL.
    borbole likes this.