Only reply to own threads

Alluidh

A very little but very helpfull permission for some parts like support or something like this

A member should be able to see all threads in a forum but he/she should only be able to reply to own open threads.

Until now the only way is to show members only there own threads, but this isn't the way and until now there is no add-on for this permision. (Searched for the add-on and for a suggestion like this, but maybe i used the wrong keywords ;))

Upvote 27
A very little but very helpfull permission for some parts like support or something like this

A member should be able to see all threads in a forum but he/she should only be able to reply to own open threads.

Until now the only way is to show members only there own threads, but this isn't the way and until now there is no add-on for this permision. (Searched for the add-on and for a suggestion like this, but maybe i used the wrong keywords ;))

I had coded such an add on for someone some time ago but forgot to add it to the RM. This thread reminded me of it.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/reply-only-own-threads-in-certain-forum-s.2422/

Should we say "cheaper"? I compare your 6€ with something like a gallery or something like this for 50€

I understand and respect your work, but please understand me. In my opinion 6€ is a lot of money for this function ;)

I would also like an extra permission in the core where users can reply to their own threads so that we can apply it to a specific node.

The use case is applications to join a clan, where we only want the OP to be able to reply, and members of the clan who are in a secondary usergroup.

We currently have a situation where other registered forum members who are not in the clan, or ex members who are no longer in the member usergroup can reply to these threads.

Barbole used to have and XF1 add on, and Andy used to have an XF1 add on that could do this. But neither are available for XF2.

+1
I'm wondering why this is since 2013 coveted and still not in the core !?
This suggestion currently has 18 likes, eg. it's somewhere at position 160+ - not smth. that many users seem to want/need.
Though that doesn't mean that it isn't useful, in fact we did implement this for internal usage.

This suggestion currently has 18 likes, eg. it's somewhere at position 160+ - not smth. that many users seem to want/need.
This may also be because many others are content with addons or other hacks.

To me this "liking" to get a function in the core is so far rather unknown. Anyone who is knowledgeable in terms of marketing knows that if 10 people sign up, 100 others remain ignorant of ignorance even though they would like to use the function. (Google...) :censored:

Top Bottom