1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

onlinegilde.net - gaming and fantasy site

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by pjfry, Jan 15, 2012.

1. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Hi everyone,

my name is Benny and I have searched a very long time for a community software which will match my needs. So I tested Wordpress, vBulletin 4, ip.Board (which nearly every addon) and of course XenForo.

If I would have decided by features I wanted I should have used the whole ip.suite. But the XenForo is so much more fun to use, so I decided to dispense with some features and go with XenForo. It is such a fast and clean script and I am very happy that I have decided to go with XenForo. I use the forum in a blog style to talk about all my hobbies. So I could have used Wordpress for this, but I hope to find some users which are also interested in same things and we could start a community. :)

I am very happy with this decision. And I hope that in some time all features I like to have will also be in XenForo.

You can visit my site at:

http://onlinegilde.net

logo.jpg

This is a german site!

Greetings

Benny

HenrikHansen and Russ like this.
  2. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Dunno about the pink color, but other than that; I like it! :)

pjfry likes this.
  3. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Thank!

Yes the pink one is not very nice. But I am not sure what to use instead. Because red is my main color (like the logo etc) and so I thought I use same similar colors.

Maybe I do it like that for the headers:

Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-16 um 17.10.53.png

Thanks for your answer!

Benny

4. Garamond

Yeah, the white-on-red is much better and would blend nicely in with the logo :)

pjfry likes this.
  5. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

So did the changes, now it should be less "pink"

6. Garamond

Brilliant :) an absolutely professional looking forum, imo!

pjfry likes this.
  7. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Thank you very much for your advice and commendation!

I am very glad to hear this!

8. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Once again I need your opinion :)

I thought the red / gray layout I have on my website (http://onlinegilde.net) is too serious for a gaming community. So I tried and worked on some other colors and styles. Now I finished a orange one. But I am not sure which is better for my site.

It would be very nice to hear here some meanings which styles is better - which fits better to my site. You could see both styles live at http://onlinegilde.net

Additionally I have two screenshots for a first look :)

red.png orange.png

Thanks for help and opinions :)

Benny

9. BrandonT

BrandonT Member

I think the red/gray looks great. You can tell it's a gaming website yet has the professional look which is good to see in my personal opinion. Also it's easy on the eyes which is a plus.

pjfry likes this.
  10. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

A very nice clean crisp forum :)

pjfry likes this.
  11. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

For mind I prefer the red, esp if you have it for the quick links and highlighted tab in the navbar.

pjfry likes this.
  12. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

Hi there after a while of working i decided to create a new style for my website. So it ist not finished yet but it is ready to have a look at it. So I am a fan of the new Windows 8 metro style and I tried to get it on my forum :)

Here is the result:

og_metro.jpg

It is as already mentioned not yet finished however it would be great if you could have a look at it. You could also have a live look at:

http://onlinegilde.net/misc/style?style_id=11&redirect=/

Maybe you have some suggestions what I could improve or maybe you find some bugs. Please tell me everything you think about the new style.

One more thing :)

Could you please compare it to the default one on my website and tell me please which one you prefer?

Thank you for you help!

Benny

13. pjfry

pjfry Active Member

After a short break with XenForo, because I need more a blog software then a forum, I am finally back at XenForo. While my XenForo break I sed Wordpress, but i missed the performance I had under my XenForo and after only 3 month of Wordpress blogging I am back at XenForo!

My comeback to XenForo is also bundled with a new design! Enjoy!

Thanks for that outstanding performance with XenForo!

Benny