XF 1.4 One user only experiences slowdown periodically

SW48

Anyone having a slow experience here at PoliticalJack?
This user on my site is the only one having this problem. Here is his description and he says it happens every single day. He has tried different browsers with the same result.

as always, it's great for a couple hours and then goes to hell, doesn't type unless I'm typing too YOU in this thread, below it's like pulling teeth with pliers..........

this is a test:

I am typing and every key I hit post, below, it locks up and does nothing as here.........

No blue circle spinning, works fine...................mind blowing.

Been doing research, loaded windows 10/firefox and wondered if I needed to delete some anti-virs/malware.....have more than one......but.........in this thread it's 100%..........

hasn't missed a bit and works like a new PC as everywhere I go on net, other than Political News and Current Events.......actually only thing I use here......

It was not very clear to me if that member has trouble loading your forum, or posting in it.

Can you ask that user if he has this problem only from his home pc or does he get it when connecting from other pc 's as well?

The first thing I checked was discouraged and he is not discouraged and it works fast for an hour or more then dreadfully slow.

Does it happen when he conencts to your forum from the same pc? Or does that member has that problem no matter where he connects from to your forum?

Yes he can access via iphone but says he has never experienced a slowness on the phone.

Its a crazy situation. Seems like multiple updated browsers when he opens a reply window.

So to pinpoint the problem it is only slow after approximately how many minutes online?
A: usually after couple hours or as this morning as soon as I tried to reply, but has worked good since

And closing the browser and opening a new browser fixes or not?
A: sometimes and sometimes I restart pc and it works fine

And the problem is only in the reply window?
A: yeah, only on main page, here or where we posted of problem works like a champ
I just signed in on my smart phone and it had no problems replying*
neither is this machine presently, it's like taking the car to mechanic and it doesn't do for him what it did for me.

I think this is due to the usage of Flash.

Flash is very often already heavily overloaded at most computers and XenForo calls a flash object at every page with a quick reply field. This results in performance problems with XenForo. It is always solved when I deactivate Flash.

I think this is due to the usage of Flash.

Flash is very often already heavily overloaded at most computers and XenForo calls a flash object at every page with a quick reply field. This results in performance problems with XenForo. It is always solved when I deactivate Flash.

Thanks, do you happen to know how to deactivate Flash?

It's still needed for Firefox, though; otherwise, you can't upload multiple files at once on XenForo forums, for example, because you have to use the non-Flash uploader.

This is true. Because XF relies on a Flash object for multiple upload capability and does not want to remove it (it is suggested since years). I don't know any other software which has not converted to HTML5 now. Maybe because XF thinks the fallback to just 1 upload is sufficient?

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom