One styles code is merging with another.

TazDevilLooney

I'm not sure how this is happing but only seems to happen on one page that i have noticed.
If selecting "What's New" and the content is empty i get code implanted from a separate style.

I have cleared all cache to no avail.

*Eloquent Blue*
style1.webp

This code does not exist in the style but is present.

style2.webp

The code is coming from this style.

*Wizkid Style*
style3.webp

style5.webp

Edit : Happens though out all styles install even the default. I have created a new default style and the problem is still there.

style11.webp

style10.webp

Any ideas guys? o_O

You do have a lot of styles which can cause problems with rebuilding the cache following template changes. You can try getting rid of some styles. But if this is a problem then you should have noticed an error on saving templates.

Since the problem also happens in the default style this might be a problem with the master. You can import the master again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data.

Since the problem also happens in the default style this might be a problem with the master. You can import the master again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data.
I was going to suggest that it sounds like the master has been edited.

After transfering my hole site to a test computer i started to uninstall all the addons. When the addons was uninstalled i took another look at the default style and there was no change. I then proceded to "Rebuild Master Data" again which was successfull. I then went to create a new style and i got this message "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later" i ran it twice with the same result.

x1.webp

Checked all server logs mysql, apache, php and in Admin's CP and no errors are logged.
The file health check is ok

Luckily this is on a test computer but will yeld the same results on my live site.

I then proceeded to uninstall the styles. All was going fine till i got to Flexile with the 5 child styles. I received this error....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin Control Panel - Fix It WizKid - Free computer support forum and chat.
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in \library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in \library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in \library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 661
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete() in \library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1690
XenForo_DataWriter->_delete() in \library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1644
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in \library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Style.php at line 114
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Style->actionDelete() in \library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in \library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in \admin.php at line 13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main style was removed but left the child's behind. I don't know if this is correct or not.

x2.webp

Advice anyone on how to fix the default style...... I think i broke it, hopefully Mike and Kier can save the day. :rolleyes:

Rebuild Master Data will make sure that everything is ok with the cached data.

I suppose another option would be a modified phrase - that could definitely be it. (Adding the HTML to the phrase.)

Rebuild Master Data will make sure that everything is ok with the cached data.

I suppose another option would be a modified phrase - that could definitely be it. (Adding the HTML to the phrase.)

Thanks for the reply Mike but i'm lost...... Any instructions for dummy's? :whistle:

Arr i just twigged what you was on about. I'll check.

Check the no_unread_threads_view_recent phrase.

It should be this: You have no unread threads. You may <a href="{link}">view all recent threads</a> instead.

Bingo..... I can't even remember doing that. :eek:

Code:
<div>
<div class="tcatb3">
<div class="tcatbRight3">
<div class="tcatbLeft3">
</div></div></div>
<div class="little-blue2"></div>
<div class="lukes2" style="padding:10px;border-left:2px solid #8b8b8b;border-right:2px solid #8b8b8b;">
<div style="*padding-bottom:10px;_padding-bottom:10px;">You have no unread threads. You may <a href="{link}">view all recent threads</a> instead.</div></div>
<div style="*margin-top:-10px;">
<div class="little-blue2"></div>
<div style="_margin-bottom:-11px;"></div>
<div class="tcatb3-180">
<div class="tcatbRight3-180">
<div class="tcatbLeft3-180">
</div></div></div>
</div>
</div>

Would this of caused the other event's too?

Events?

Do you mean the errors when uninstalling the styles?

No, that's unrelated and is just to do with having a lot of styles.

Events?

Do you mean the errors when uninstalling the styles?

No, that's unrelated and is just to do with having a lot of styles.

Ok, i had another 15 to add but i guess i best hold off on that then.

On another note while on the subject of styles.
I did notice that on quite a few occasions it times out updating the child styles from the main one. Brings up an error as it took over 30 seconds to complete. I'm running an SSD, 2.8 quad processor and i'm on a local network and still can't seem to make it. Is there anyway of extending this. The server is on a default 300 seconds.

Also if i ever do uninstall all my add-ons i won't be able to create a new default style. Now if this was because i keeped running the "Rebuild Master Data" i could not tell but this confuses me more than anything.

When I was poking around your forum last night I found this problem also happens when there are empty search results. If the code is in your phrases then that means you need to check the no_results_found phrase too. In fact, just search all phrases for "lukes2" to make sure you find all of them.

When I was poking around your forum last night I found this problem also happens when there are empty search results. If the code is in your phrases then that means you need to check the no_results_found phrase too. In fact, just search all phrases for "lukes2" to make sure you find all of them.

Thanks jake i will. I must of emplanted them in the early beta days and forgot about it. Did not notice till i added some extra styles to the forum. :whistle:

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

That is a server limit. If you have root access to the server then you can edit the my.cnf file (usually at /etc/my.cnf) to increase the value of innodb_lock_wait_timeout. Increasing that limit should avoid this error.

On another note while on the subject of styles.
I did notice that on quite a few occasions it times out updating the child styles from the main one. Brings up an error as it took over 30 seconds to complete. I'm running an SSD, 2.8 quad processor and i'm on a local network and still can't seem to make it. Is there anyway of extending this. The server is on a default 300 seconds.

What is the exact error message? It should be in your logs:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

The error message will indicate where that 30 second limit is coming from. It is probably PHP's max_execution_time setting.

That is a server limit. If you have root access to the server then you can edit the my.cnf file (usually at /etc/my.cnf) to increase the value of innodb_lock_wait_timeout. Increasing that limit should avoid this error.

What is the exact error message? It should be in your logs:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

The error message will indicate where that 30 second limit is coming from. It is probably PHP's max_execution_time setting.

Thanks Jake, The exact error message i don't have available. It was a 30 seconds limit. I will check both locations you have described and get back to you. (y)

I have updated

max_execution_time = 300
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 300
mysql.connect_timeout = 300

I now get this error after 30 seconds.

er1.webp

This only happens when i make an update to Eloquent Gray or Flexile Blue and they update the child's. The single styles save fine. What does it take to get past 30 seconds. :D

Nothing in the logs. What could i of missed?

Ok that is the javascript timeout from this file:

js/xenforo/xenforo.js

Rich (BB code):
			var ajaxOptions = $.extend(true,
			{
				data: data,
				url: url,
				success: success,
				type: 'POST',
				dataType: 'json',
				error: function(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown)
				{
					try
					{
						// attempt to pass off to success, if we can decode JSON from the response
						success.call(null, $.parseJSON(xhr.responseText), textStatus);
					}
					catch (e)
					{
						// not valid JSON, trigger server error handler
						XenForo.handleServerError(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown);
					}
				},
				timeout: 30000 // 30s
			}, options);

You can edit that file to increase the timeout. Then refresh the Admin CP to make sure you have the latest javascript. That might fix your problem.

Ok that is the javascript timeout from this file:

js/xenforo/xenforo.js

Rich (BB code):
var ajaxOptions = $.extend(true,
{
data: data,
url: url,
success: success,
type: 'POST',
dataType: 'json',
error: function(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown)
{
try
{
// attempt to pass off to success, if we can decode JSON from the response
success.call(null, $.parseJSON(xhr.responseText), textStatus);
}
catch (e)
{
// not valid JSON, trigger server error handler
XenForo.handleServerError(xhr, textStatus, errorThrown);
}
},
timeout: 30000 // 30s
}, options);

You can edit that file to increase the timeout. Then refresh the Admin CP to make sure you have the latest javascript. That might fix your problem.

Thanks Jake that nailed it.
timeout: 300000 // 300s

Eloquent Gray + 3 child's : 32 seconds
Flexile Blue + 5 child's : 58 seconds

Good man (y)

Top Bottom