XF 2.1 One-click upgrades and add-on install/upgrade from ZIP files

And here we are, already at the penultimate entry in our "Have you seen...?" series for XF 2.1. If you haven't seen the previous entries about what's coming in XF 2.1, check them out here.

As ever, to ensure you're kept up to date, we strongly recommend giving that "Watch forum" link a... well... click, I guess... and make sure you enable email notifications if you haven't done so already 🙂

At worst, you will get a warning that the test board URL doesn't match the URL on the license. All of the other functionality, such as one click upgrades, will still work.

So the auto-update from Beta 1 to Beta 2 should work, even if the message is displayed, that the URL of the test install doesn't match the of the licence?

Hm, I don't get any notification, that an update is available or could proceed. Unsupported updates are activated. So should I post a bug report?

Not able to use one-click upgrade (Beta2 -> Beta3)🤔

That won't be why. We don't block it in that case.

Have you unchecked "Only check for stable upgrades" in Options > Basic board information?

Have you unchecked "Only check for stable upgrades" in Options > Basic board information?

That was it. I was pretty sure I had that unchecked initially, but when I just looked, it was checked. Perhaps I forgot to save it...not sure.

Thanks Chris!!

Maybe have a note on that screen to inform users that there are no stable upgrades available, and if they would like to enable unstable upgrades they have to click here to change the setting? Or something along those lines.

Top Bottom