Oldest forums running XenForo?

Sim

Today marks 15 years since I launched ZooChat (running vBulletin v3 beta release 7 and originally called "ZooBeat") - I was curious to know which older forums are still operating and running on XenForo now and what software they used before XenForo?

Somersoft was launched in 1999 (handwritten forum initially, then WebBoard hosted in 2001 before being migrated to vBulletin v2.2.8 in 2002 and then migrated to XenForo in 2016) ... however, the site was "archived" in 2015 and the community moved to my new site at PropertyChat. So even though PropertyChat is technically a completely different website (no content or users were migrated to the new site), the "community" (ie the people) all moved - so you could kind of argue it's a continuation? :D

What other communities are older than 15 years and still running now on XenForo?

We went live with a "forum" on March 21, 2004, using vB 3.0.0 (I waited until vB 3 was released instead of using the vB 2.x branch) but the history of it goes back further. It started life as a multi-line PCBoard BBS in the mid-80's before going online into the 90's, first using manually created HTML files and CGI scripts like Coranto. None of the pre-vB content exists anymore (I really wish in hindsight I had backed it all up and moved as much as I could to vB) so I consider the 2004-03-21 date as the launch date.

I started Star Army's site in 2002. At first we used hosted forums like Network54 and ezBoard but in 2004 we moved to phpBB2. That same database has been ported up to phpBB3, Xenforo, and now XF2.

Last edited:
10 year old big-board here, started off on vbulletin

kevin i remember the design contest you held on yaxay....long time ago eh :)
Wow, Yaxay! (y) There's a site I haven't been to in some time! Back then that was an incredible looking style for vB and, if I'm remembering correctly, even inspired a Winamp skin. When I get home I think I need to do some surfing. :D

Started our forum in 2001. Used phpbb at first, migrated to custom Dutch software, did that trick again before migrating to XF2

Started my forum in spring 2008.
PhpBB 3.0 => vB 3.x => vB4.x => XenForo in 2013 or 2014 I think

Started in 2002 on webwiz forums. Then to vb3 in 2005. Moved to XF last year after 4 years of preparation.

My site started in 1996.
In January of 1997 I began using a modified guestbook script as kind of a forum, after that I used some other scripts, those I can remember now is DCforum (perl-script no database, threaded), was really nice for the time, later I used wwwthreads and in 2004 that was imported into vb3 and from that (vb3.8) I went to xenforo in 2014.

Started mine in 2006 on SMF originally, then went to IPB, then to Xenforo, then back to IPB, then back to Xenforo. But won't be switching back again. Been going 13 years now. :)

Top Bottom