NYC passes soda ban

To add to my post, soda is beyond horrible. Quickest way to blow up is to drink that crap. I stopped drinking soda, changed nothing else in my diet, and I lost 10 lbs.

Mhm.

I'll be impressed when they ban alcoholic drinks, cigarettes, cigars, and possibly fast food.

Wanna bet on how much that isn't going to happen?

Mhm.

I'll be impressed when they ban alcoholic drinks, cigarettes, cigars, and possibly fast food.

Wanna bet on how much that isn't going to happen?

I have been saying that for years! I wish they would because Americans have no self control! Make it cheap enough and our fat asses will eat it. Pathetic!

I have been saying that for years! I wish they would because Americans have no self control! Make it cheap enough and our fat asses will eat it. Pathetic!
Not just for Americans though. Both alcohol and smokes are proven to be bad for you, no reason to keep allowing it (other than to make massive amounts of money for the government). Fast food is also bad, although you could argue it's not as addicting or bad for you in limited amounts.

Not just for Americans though. Both alcohol and smokes are proven to be bad for you, no reason to keep allowing it (other than to make massive amounts of money for the government). Fast food is also bad, although you could argue it's not as addicting or bad for you in limited amounts.
Doesn't matter if they ban it, it will just become a big black market. The prohibition period in the US kinda proved that. Better to have it in somewhat controlled format, rather than a free for all.

To add to my post, soda is beyond horrible. Quickest way to blow up is to drink that crap. I stopped drinking soda, changed nothing else in my diet, and I lost 10 lbs.
Wow, you must have been really kicking them back then!
Are you talking about EVERYONE in america...? Or just you?

Personally, this is idiotic. It's like schools putting diet sodas in vending machines; fighting at a losing battle. I am not anywhere close to fat, some people even consider me too skinny. However, I've seen people walk around all fat and be complaining about their life. It's your own fault, honestly. If people want to be fat, they will be fat. If they actually care about their body then they will but down their enormous soda by their own will, no need to force them too. If you force them to stop doing what they're doing, you know what that will do? Make them want it more!
You can't take away Americans' right to be fat. There will be revolution!
A bit harsh, however it is a semi-accurate comment. I don't doubt the obese will rebel if fast food is restricted; our gas masks can't repel stink of that magnitude! D:

Doesn't matter if they ban it, it will just become a big black market. The prohibition period in the US kinda proved that. Better to have it in somewhat controlled format, rather than a free for all.
That was kinda the point I was trying to make; it's pointless and merely a tactic to gain some popularity. Unless they actually believe this is the most important issue in the whole health business and this change will actually matter. But if that's the case, they have bigger issues, I suppose.

That was kinda the point I was trying to make; it's pointless and merely a tactic to gain some popularity. Unless they actually believe this is the most important issue in the whole health business and this change will actually matter. But if that's the case, they have bigger issues, I suppose.
It is not a popularity move, cause knowing American public, they hate any sort of limitation imposed by government. I honestly don't understand why politicians ever make the decisions they do, ever. They have some sort of magical decision making procedure that is incomprehensible to any human with normal intelligence or higher... I think at the highest level, the decisions are fueled by either money or the politicians own career plans.

It is not a popularity move, cause knowing American public, they hate any sort of limitation imposed by government. I honestly don't understand why politicians ever make the decisions they do, ever. They have some sort of magical decision making procedure that is incomprehensible to any human with normal intelligence or higher... I think at the highest level, the decisions are fueled by either money or the politicians own career plans.
Magic-8-ball.jpg

Wow, you must have been really kicking them back then!

Are you talking about EVERYONE in america...? Or just you?

Personally, this is idiotic. It's like schools putting diet sodas in vending machines; fighting at a losing battle. I am not anywhere close to fat, some people even consider me too skinny. However, I've seen people walk around all fat and be complaining about their life. It's your own fault, honestly. If people want to be fat, they will be fat. If they actually care about their body then they will but down their enormous soda by their own will, no need to force them too. If you force them to stop doing what they're doing, you know what that will do? Make them want it more!

A bit harsh, however it is a semi-accurate comment. I don't doubt the obese will rebel if fast food is restricted; our gas masks can't repel stink of that magnitude! D:

I would like to welcome you to the real world Sylar. In a perfect world, everyone would be in shape because healthy food would be affordable, quick, and easy to make. However, since the real world puts serious limitations on time and availability, an overwhelming amount of Americans are obese.

As stated here by the CDC, more than 1/3rd of Americans are obese. Yea, I'm sure they want to be fat.

And no, I am not fat, not even close to being fat. This goes to show just how much crap is in sodas.

I would like to welcome you to the real world Sylar. In a perfect world, everyone would be in shape because healthy food would be affordable, quick, and easy to make. However, since the real world puts serious limitations on time and availability, an overwhelming amount of Americans are obese.

As stated here by the CDC, more than 1/3rd of Americans are obese. Yea, I'm sure they want to be fat.

And no, I am not fat, not even close to being fat. This goes to show just how much crap is in sodas.
They don't want to be fat on the outside, however a small part of them wants to be fat. Unfortunately that one part of them is holding them back. If obese people actually tried to do something about their weight they would lose it in no time ;)

Didn't say you were fat, said you must have been drinking A LOT of soda to lose 10 pounds from dropping them. I rarely drink more than a soda or two per month; I don't even have 10 pounds to lose :P

This might be one of the dumbest things I've seen a city do. A lot of restaurants give free refills. So, instead of 1 32oz drink, I'll just refill it once to get the same amount. And cutting out pop (yes, its pop not soda!) doesn't necessarily do anything to combat the problem. My mother drinks like 1 glass a day and about 9 glasses of water, milk, and other "healthy" drinks. She also eats healthy enough and it did nothing.

We place blame on one thing to take away from the bigger picture...

Because some people, it seems, like to ride some mighty high horses.
Those horses' backs are going to break under all that weight. :whistle:

Banning a certain size just means people will get 2 smaller ones. It's through education anything will change. People need to get into the habit of drinking soda once in a while, not having it all the freaking time, and getting an appropriate size–and that goes for more than just soda but all the food we eat. A lot of people learn these lessons way later than they should, if at all.

Rather than banning soda and the like outright, it would be more intelligent to teach about healthier eating in Elementary school. This would also mean overhauling the lunches at the school and requiring something other than the garbage they feed kids in the cafeteria.

Top Bottom