NYC passes soda ban

Rather than banning soda and the like outright, it would be more intelligent to teach about healthier eating in Elementary school. This would also mean overhauling the lunches at the school and requiring something other than the garbage they feed kids in the cafeteria.
But that would cost money.

Wasn't it not so long ago that NY had passed another crazy law?

What the f*ck or when the f*ck did this become Nazi America; when the government can tell you what you can say, when you can say it, what to eat, and what you can drink?!?

The only thing they haven't yet done is tell us when we can eat or drink. Once they do that, we're prisoners (if not already) and a walls are invisible.

This is complete bullsh*t.

I grew up poor... Dirt poor...... And the day I could finally drink a soda anytime I wanted to, you bet your a** I had one (several actually).

So while I didn't have such little joys as a I kid, as an adult I feel proud knowing I can drink or eat as I please.... I also know how lucky I am to be able to do so and how far I've come to be able to do so..... Now some nut job with a f*cking hard on for power wants to undo all that?!? Well F*CK YOU Mr Government !!!!

What's wrong with drinking water, juice, tea and other beverages that are clearly more healthy? Nothing wrong with drinking a sugary drink every now and then, but it seems like a lot people drink soft drinks or other types of sweetened drink. I bought some unsweetened tea from a store in Kansas City this summer and still was too sweet to drink! I had to toss it....

Each time I'm in America, the portions of food on a plate get bigger and bigger. I can't finish the food they give me, it's just too much to eat. Ten years ago, didn't seem like it was that much food on the plate.

What's wrong with drinking water, juice, tea and other beverages that are clearly more healthy? Nothing wrong with drinking a sugary drink every now and then, but it seems like a lot people drink soft drinks or other types of sweetened drink. I bought some unsweetened tea from a store in Kansas City this summer and still was too sweet to drink! I had to toss it....

Each time I'm in America, the portions of food on a plate get bigger and bigger. I can't finish the food they give me, it's just too much to eat. Ten years ago, didn't seem like it was that much food on the plate.
Because it's not your job or anyone else's job or right to tell people what they can eat, how much they can eat, when or where they can eat?! It's a natural human right and should not be denied.

Granted... Some people do so more responsible than others, but it is not up for anyone else to decide what is best for someone else.

Would you like it if I told you how to live? If you can honestly answer yes to that, you're better off as a slave.

Would you like it if I told you how to live? If you can honestly answer yes to that, you're better off as a slave.

I think people don't need to be told what to do, but think about how many people you work with (past or present) that needed have their hand held basic tasks.

There are laws that tell you how to live, or more accurately, tell you what you can and cannot do. It's really no different is it, in basic principle? Did you know there's a rule in Singapore about driving a car, where you can't cross the border without 3/4 of a tank of gas? Doesn't that seem kind of silly?

In all, it's all a matter of perspective. I find some laws silly and others I find that they have purpose. :) In the big picture, I think there are much bigger problems to solve outside of the great NYC soda debate of 2012.

I think people don't need to be told what to do, but think about how many people you work with (past or present) that needed have their hand held basic tasks.

There are laws that tell you how to live, or more accurately, tell you what you can and cannot do. It's really no different is it, in basic principle? Did you know there's a rule in Singapore about driving a car, where you can't cross the border without 3/4 of a tank of gas? Doesn't that seem kind of silly?

In all, it's all a matter of perspective. I find some laws silly and others I find that they have purpose. :) In the big picture, I think there are much bigger problems to solve outside of the great NYC soda debate of 2012.
I can agree that there is a larger issue here than just soda.....

Government is out of control. If you can make laws that tell people them in order to protect themselves from themselves, they're going to control what you eat... There is a problem.

Government is not mean to save people from themselves. Or control your eating habits.

The simply fact that some people find this acceptable is even a larger social problem that I'm at a lack of words for.

Have you ever smoked? Used drugs? Alcohol? Eaten sweets? Fast food perhaps? Ever ordered takeout? Used a car where you could have used a bicycle? Or walked? Did you ever watch television, play games, or go on the internet while you could have worked out? Do you ever eat sauces like mayonnaise? Skipped breakfast?

If you answer yes to any of those, why would you do that if the other options are clearly more healthy? (and if you pick no on all of them, you're boring and you might wanna go into politics. ;) :p)

I find it sad that now government has been expanded until even our drink sizes are moderated by the fed. Does America have any rights anymore? If so....can we expect to keep them in the current political tide??

Top Bottom