XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

I'm waiting for 1.2 ... and the secret special feature Mike told me all about (that I won't reveal, even under torture!!).

Well, maybe if I'm tickled ... I can't stand being tickled!!

I'm waiting for 1.2 ... and the secret special feature Mike told me all about (that I won't reveal, even under torture!!).

Well, maybe if I'm tickled ... I can't stand being tickled!!

Me - Goes to hack your forum to gain information
Me - Finds your forum to be running xenforo
Me - Bows down to xenforo security

Will the Notices be able to display based on user state?

Please?

:barefoot:
When you asked, no.

Now, yes :cool:

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 17.53.26.webp

two other suggestions:

1)
a Notice for users who are not yet "following" any other members.
Telling the user: "you are not following any other members - you might want to follow other members you are interested in order to get notified of their new posts... blah blah......"

2)
believe it or not, all of my users are posting messages onto each others profile-pages, but none of them is posting into the forums.

a Notice for users who did not make a Forum-post yet.
Telling the user: "make a post into the forums to share your interestes with other members....."

Right now notices are free-form text, so it's not possible to use phrases at present. Of course, it's possible to work around this by using multiple notices and specifying a language in the user criteria.

View attachment 17837
it looks like your done with rtl since you have arabic language in there :) great work kier can't wait to see xf 1.1

Then it's mean that I can show the Happy Birthday song to the member that come to my forum at his birthday, right?
Anyone please answer me :) Another thing, please upgrade the tropy system sync with Bank addon (or made a official forum money system).
1/ The sync is that if someone has a trophy, they will be rewarded some forum money, or when that user violate the rule, moderators can take out their trophy & money.
2/ Forum money is not a foolish system, we can use that money to buy link (lost money to see link), to buy the usergroup (lost money to change into others usergroup), or to buy the ribbon (please made the ribbon system into the official thing), etc...
I know that there is a [bd] Bank addon out there, but I hope that xenForo will have the official money system and have many function for user to use that money. Thanks for hearing me :)

Heh. A small part of me might want to put up a "we are having technical difficulties, please visit this other forum", if they are discouraged. :D

I did not see any negative criteria such as 'under 10 posts', I will assume that will be handled with promotions.. or I could have missed it.

If it hasn't already been asked, what happens with Guest notices? Can they be dismissed, and will they stay dismissed (is there a guest cookie for example)?

I only ask because I know a number of my members browse as a guest whilst at work and it would be useful if, when they dismissed a notice, it stayed dismissed.

Only useful mind, not an absolute requirement ... (y)

Don't know if it's been suggested already, but I can see a value in having scrolling options for each individual notice. Normal text notices, for example, you might want to scroll every 2500ms. But the big text and graphics ones shown in the video would need to be visible for much longer.
Maybe give boxes to optionally enter values in the notice edit page which override the defaults.

Don't know if it's been suggested already, but I can see a value in having scrolling options for each individual notice. Normal text notices, for example, you might want to scroll every 2500ms. But the big text and graphics ones shown in the video would need to be visible for much longer.
Maybe give boxes to optionally enter values in the notice edit page which override the defaults.
Given that the Notices display system is built on jQuery Tools' 'Scrollable', this isn't an option at present, but it is something I've considered, and perhaps it's something we can revisit for 1.2 or a later version. I regret that it won't be available for 1.1. Plenty of other goodies to keep you occupied though :) (needless to say, the announced feature list doesn't include the host of other improvements and tweaks we've introduced to the 1.1 branch)

Top Bottom