XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

Kier, you and the team have done a beautiful job with the notices system! WOW!

I especially love the fact that you can come up with a pseudo slideshow on the recent activity page (or whichever page you'd like!) which is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I can't wait for 1.1! :D

Actually id like to expand this slightly.

The classifieds on our site has an extensive rule list as we deal with items of a dangerous nature and high pressure air systems (3000-5000psi). People found breaking the rules currently end up with harsh bans, mainly for the safety of everyone involved, but what I would like to expand this to do.

All times > Rules shown as a notice

User receives a "classifieds" infraction (are infractions "classifiable" for each node?) - A new notice apears > "You have used 1/3 classifieds infractions. Reaching 3 infractions will result in permanent removal from the classifieds forum"

User receives a second "classifieds" infraction > A new notice apears > "You have used 2/3 classifieds infractions. Reaching 3 infractions will result in permanent removal from the classifieds forum"

User receives final "classifieds" infraction > A new notice apears at the top of the classifieds with all threads hidden > "You have used 3/3 classifieds infractions. Your classifieds privilidges have been permanently revoked"

I guess this can be done with adding secondary usergroups based on infractions recieved if the infractions system supports it?

Will we be able to set own criteria ( http://xenforo.com/community/threads/trophy-criteria.15668/ ) ?THen it would be really powerful:)

One of two new criteria-based code events:

Screen shot 2011-07-29 at 14.00.06.webp

Can we set several "page information" at once? For example "navigation tab is: gallery,articlesystem" OR controllername = foo, baz
You can set multiple page info items, but it's an AND system, not OR.

Screen shot 2011-07-29 at 14.05.05.webp

Kier,

This might be a question you have already answered, but we are working on a mod that allows people to create a new node type. Will the notices select menu be populated by custom node that are created via mods? Is there a hook to add our custom nodes to that list so that notices may be attached to them as well? Thanks!

Very nice work done here, well thought out. It would be easy to add a basic system and get away with it just fine, but what we ended up with was something far superior than anything else yet available with a fresh perspective.

Thank you!

Kier,

This might be a question you have already answered, but we are working on a mod that allows people to create a new node type. Will the notices select menu be populated by custom node that are created via mods? Is there a hook to add our custom nodes to that list so that notices may be attached to them as well? Thanks!
All nodes are represented in that list.

I didn't think I would have much use for a notices system, but somehow the development team has managed to get me again. I can now see many uses for such a system and I believe that it was created in a "XF" fashion. Which means they've taken something that I may have never used and actually made it very useful without make it bloated! Good job guys! You've done it again

Great stuff guys!

I still need to think about this great system and what all might be possible with using it, just wondering whether "Notices" are also integrated somehow with "Custom User Profile Fields" ?

for example:
- not just target "male" or "female" fields, but many other user-profile-data which a user is entering into the "Custom User Profile Fields" ?
- notices to the user to inform him that he has only completed a certain amount of "user-profile-fields" available ?
- integrated search: notice "it appears you are a man" --> search for user-profiles e.g. "women seeking men" ?

1 small suggestion
if you change the slider to top/down instead left/right, the "tabs" should be placed right to the notice and not under the box:D

Top Bottom