Browser issue Notices on mobile (Android) take format of biggest size Notices

erich37

I do have a few normal text Notices at my Forum-Homepage which are about the size of 2 sentences of text.

Then I do have a bigger-size image-Notice (just an image) at each of my Forum-Nodes.

When browsing via mobile-phone (Android), then the size of the Notices at my Homepage are displayed in a much bigger format-size. Assuming the size is being taken from the Notices I am using at my Forum-Nodes.

I can drop you the URL of my Forum, so that you can take a look for yourself.

erich37

I can not re-produce this anymore, but there is something wrong at the Notices as just a normal text is making line-breaks when you browse via Android-mobile-phone.
So the text is not showing within the full width of the Notice, but is breaking into several lines, although there are no "< br >" codes included where line-breaks are showing.

It shows fine in FireFox-browser on my PC, but it shows strange when browsing via Android on my mobile-phone.

The same line-break shows for the "Forum-Title", meaning the Forum-Title is breaking into 2 lines.......

I will send my URL to Mike to check.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Doing a bit more research into, it's a feature of various mobile browsers, though possibly mostly Android's.

It limits the column width to ensure easy readability when zoomed. This applies only in portrait mode. I haven't been able to successfully disable it, but I don't think I'd want to anyway as it would likely make other parts unusable.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
With the responsive improvements in 1.2, this should be resolved. But if it isn't, then unfortunately there's still nothing Mike can do about it as it's browser behavior and not a code issue.