XF 1.5 Notices Not Displaying [SOLVED]

md_5

Running 1.5.0, I've tried everything to figure out why notices are not displaying anymore, but I simply can't find it. Nothing is using any of the hooks, the notices are enabled for all users, and they don't even appear in the html source on the default style.
This also affects inbuilt notices such as "email confirmation required".

Are you trying the default ones, the floating ones (introduced in 1.5) or do neither work since your XF 1.5 upgrade?

Strange that it's still not working with enableListeners set to false. What about setting it to false and then create a new style (XF default properties will be added if you make it a child of the root node) and see if it works on that.

Are you trying the default ones, the floating ones (introduced in 1.5) or do neither work since your XF 1.5 upgrade?

Strange that it's still not working with enableListeners set to false. What about setting it to false and then create a new style (XF default properties will be added if you make it a child of the root node) and see if it works on that.
I only care about default, but floating doesn't work either.

As mentioned above, I'm already testing with the root style which has 0 customized components.

Well, a good place to start I guess would be to get a full upgrade package to XF 1.5.2. It doesn't fix a problem with notices, however, in case your uploaded files have a problem (you can also check via file health check ofc) this'd be a way to solve that, and you'd probably need to go to XF 1.5.2 at some point anyway.

That being said, other than that, not too sure on many more solutions at this time. I mean, default style, listeners disabled, and the files uploaded correctly should be working fine, provided the database is also fine, the table for the notices to save to is also having values inserted into normally.

Well, a good place to start I guess would be to get a full upgrade package to XF 1.5.2. It doesn't fix a problem with notices, however, in case your uploaded files have a problem (you can also check via file health check ofc) this'd be a way to solve that, and you'd probably need to go to XF 1.5.2 at some point anyway.

That being said, other than that, not too sure on many more solutions at this time. I mean, default style, listeners disabled, and the files uploaded correctly should be working fine, provided the database is also fine, the table for the notices to save to is also having values inserted into normally.
Files are fine (1.5.0 was a full upgrade). I don't think a 1.5.2 would fix this issue unless @Mike specifically did something for it.

Although this sounds like something you have already tried, I would encourage you to try again, following the steps below.

Create a new style at Admin CP > Appearance > Styles. Make sure "No Parent" is selected. This will create a brand new style inherited from the Master Data. Activate that style, and create a new notice without any criteria. Additionally disable all add-ons. Does the notice show?

Although this sounds like something you have already tried, I would encourage you to try again, following the steps below.

Create a new style at Admin CP > Appearance > Styles. Make sure "No Parent" is selected. This will create a brand new style inherited from the Master Data. Activate that style, and create a new notice without any criteria. Additionally disable all add-ons. Does the notice show?
Already tried with my default style which has 0 customized components, but just to be sure I made a new no parent style named "Test" and it still happens.
Not sure if it's practical to disable every addon by unticking all the boxes, but I did disable listeners in config.php and it still happened.

Already tried with my default style which has 0 customized components, but just to be sure I made a new no parent style named "Test" and it still happens.
Not sure if it's practical to disable every addon by unticking all the boxes, but I did disable listeners in config.php and it still happened.
XenForo 1.5 introduced a Disable All Add-ons button which should make this simple to do. Probably worth doing anyway just to be sure.

Please submit a ticket with log in details. We ought to take a quick look. (Full Admin access will be useful, FTP too if it's easy enough to provide).

Top Bottom