Non Licensed Users Can't View Attachments

Which means they can't see full size images that have been attached to posts.

Unfortunately this is a another pet peeve I have with xenforo not being able to distinguish between file types. There's been some extensive discussion regarding this with many members wanting their users to be able to view images but not download the attachments.

Yea this is one of them things I don't like also, I mean I can't view Attachments of my old mods due to not having xenforo anymore :(

That's just annoying. In the pre-sales forum, people sometimes post images attached to their posts. How do they expect the OP to be able to see them?

Does that mean that XenForo doesn't have any attachment permissions, like vBulletin does? I'm assuming it has been suggested, has it not?

That's just annoying. In the pre-sales forum, people sometimes post images attached to their posts. How do they expect the OP to be able to see them?

Does that mean that XenForo doesn't have any attachment permissions, like vBulletin does? I'm assuming it has been suggested, has it not?

There are permissions for attachments just not the specific one you require. It's been suggested numerous times and discussed extensively so the devs are aware this is a suggested/requested permission people want. I'm sure we will see it in xenforo eventually, More waiting is required. :D

There are permissions for attachments just not the specific one you require. It's been suggested numerous times and discussed extensively so the devs are aware this is a suggested/requested permission people want. I'm sure we will see it in xenforo eventually, More waiting is required. :D
This add-on works well, I believe.

Allows you to set images to be viewable by guests.

I've not used it myself so I don't know how fine-grained the permissions are. e.g. what if the image is attached to a private forum post, etc.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinhte-image-attachment-optimization-cdn-support.909/

This add-on works well, I believe.

Allows you to set images to be viewable by guests.

I've not used it myself so I don't know how fine-grained the permissions are. e.g. what if the image is attached to a private forum post, etc.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinhte-image-attachment-optimization-cdn-support.909/

Thanks chris but i don't require it i was just responding to Liam. I combat this by introducing a hosted screenshot so guests can view the screenshot that I posted so it's a good temp solution for me. Liam may be interested in it since he was asking about attachments.

Top Bottom