Won't fix @nodeTitle doesn't change link color

Arty

If you set color in @nodeTitle property, it doesn't change forum link color. It is applied to
Code:
.node .nodeText .nodeTitle
but link is
Code:
.node .nodeText .nodeTitle a
that takes color value from
Code:
.primaryContent a
Complimentary property for unread links @nodeTitleUnread behaves differently and affects links.

In node_list.css
Code:
  .node .nodeText .nodeTitle
   {
should be changed to
Code:
  .node .nodeText .nodeTitle,
   .node .nodeText .nodeTitle a
   {

You're not wrong in what you say about it not applying because of the child link. However:
Complimentary property for unread links @nodeTitleUnread behaves differently and affects links.
That isn't the case for me. These two elements apply in the same way (that is, the color doesn't apply; other properties not set in the link CSS would apply).

Unfortunately, the proposed change won't work if anything other than text styling is applied to the node title. That said, applying a new selector with @nodeTitle.font appears to work and I'm not seeing an obvious disadvantage.

Sorry, you are right. Unread title also has same bug, I forgot that I changed its behavior in my styles that fixed this issue.

But there aren't any properties other than color value from ".primaryContent a" and text-decoration from "a:link, a:visited" that are applied to link. So its safe to just add apply @nodeTitle to link.

Few other items are affected by same bug:
  • Subforums node title link when subforums popup is disabled
  • Category strip link

The comment regarding only applying @nodeTitle.font relates to things that may have been added to @nodeTitle such as padding, background images/icons, etc. Those would be repeated.

As it stands, I'm not going to change this. It is a bit borderline, but it does create a potential inconsistency compared to various other places where properties are displayed (any inner <a> would take the global styling, unless it has its own style property). There could be a BC break here, though I don't think it would be particularly inconsistent; I'm pretty sure this would have functioned this way from day 1.

If you wish to change this, you should be able to add an additional selector to apply to the child <a>.

Top Bottom