Nodes Icon Tweak - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

Could it be that the XML upgrade script of 1.1.0 does not work or is the old one? I uploaded all files to the respective folders and then wanted to run the upgrade script from the 1.1.0 via Admin CP but it produces the error "Add-on already installed"...

Did you upload it using the upgrade addon ? (dropdown list at the right of the addon line)

I uploaded all files to the server to the respective folders taken from the 1.1.0 download and then tried to upgrade with the XML script that was included in the download folder via the add-on upgrade button.

Then it should work, which version is displayed for the add-on in the admincp ?
Are you sure you took the right xml file ? Open it and check the displayed version.

Clément

I did as per SOP. Upload files to their folders and override the old ones. Then take the XML script to upgrade per Admin CP. It is the 1.1.0 XML Script. I saw it also produced a lot of Server errors. 19 pages to be exact.

Now I uninstalled the complete add-on and deleted all folders from the server. Then uploaded 1.1.0 again and installed it from the 1.1.0 XML and now the add-on is there as 1.1.0 BUT (big but): When I jump to the Nodes Display and open the nodes the Javascript is constantly running in an infinite loop (as the loading gif is looping)… Thats not good. Something went wrong here.

Do you get any js error in your browser console ?

Try a hard refresh of your browser cache (ctrl + F5).

Allan tested the upgrade of the addon and it worked well.
Something might have gone wrong, I perhaps would need to see your server logs, try to see with Allan through the support tickets if he can help you.
I am at work with no access to ThemesCorp (firewalls you know...).

Clément

Ah…… seems I found something odd…. Error Console says it does not find fontello.css in the styles folder… I checked manually and bingo… its not there (in your 1.1.0 download folder and therefore also not on the server…)

EDIT: PLUS: The spectrum.min.css has wrong CSS declarations. Plus an error in the NodesIconTweak.min.js

Hate to say it, but the only errors I get in the browser error console are all originating from your add-on

Last edited:
Ohhhh ! I know why... my bad !
Go to options and deactivate fontello, fontello is optional shouldn't have made it active by default... Should be activated only once users create their own font library you know...

Regarding spectrum, this is third_party stuff I won't touch it, though it work as is so I don't think it's a big deal.

It should work without removing the checkmark. And after uploading the updated files Allan has put up onto your server, the Add-on works as it should! Very fast help. I appreciate that!

I am happy to be your "beta tester"…. ;) Thank you. The update of the zip contents finally fixed the problem. No Console Errors anymore!

It should work without removing the checkmark. And after uploading the updated files Allan has put up onto your server, the Add-on works as it should! Very fast help. I appreciate that!

I am happy to be your "beta tester"…. ;) Thank you. That fixed the problem. No Console Errors anymore!
(y)

If you like the add-on, don't hesitate to leave a review ;)

Nope it should not work without removing the checkmark.

The checkmark shall not be active by default, as you should only upload fontello stuff once you have create a set of icons on fontello.com :)

But it works. It shows about 5 font icons from Fontello. And produces no errors even when checked in the options.

But I encountered another problem. Sorry.

When setting up a fontawesome icon for "unread", it does ignore the pixel size and is displayed as smaller as the default value. It is shown as 12 px but the default says 36 px as in the admin cp.

Checking out the tags and markup in the inspector the FontAwesome icon tag <i> shows an inline style of "font-size: px;" (without any size given). While the "read" icon shows the inline style of "font-size: 36px;"

So the font size is not transferred to the inline style of the <i> tag for the "unread" icon.

Sorry for the fuzz, I am just trying to be helpful because I really like the add-on much.

But it works. It shows about 5 font icons from Fontello. And produces no errors even when checked in the options.

It sure does but it's not meant to be used like that as this is just given as an example and I would prefer user to know what they are doing.

Though this is more on my side as now ur all set.

But I encountered another problem. Sorry.

When setting up a fontawesome icon for "unread", it does ignore the pixel size and is displayed as smaller as the default value. It is shown as 12 px but the default says 36 px as in the admin cp.

Checking out the tags and markup in the inspector the FontAwesome icon tag <i> shows an inline style of "font-size: px;" (without any size given). While the "read" icon shows the inline style of "font-size: 36px;"

So the font size is not transferred to the inline style of the <i> tag.

Sorry for the fuzz, I am just trying to be helpful because I really like the add-on much.

Hum, I thought this was fixed...
I'll have to check tonight when at home.

Tested it today. Still the same errors (although the checkmark in the option menu at the "Fontello" is not set anymore).

Errors are still the same:
  • Can't "update" (Error: "Add-on already installed" ...and YES, I know how to upgrade)
  • Can only uninstall then reinstall (then it shows v1.1.1)
  • Javascript runs in an infinite loop while in Admin CP in the specific node icon setup page
  • Javascript Error according to the Browser Console in "NodesIconTweak.min.js"
  • "Unread" FontAwesome icon still has NO size in the <i> tag element inline style (style="font-size: px;")
I tested it on several browsers. All the same.

Would like to know if any other users have the same results?

Top Bottom