Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
@Andy.N

Oh, you are already running XF 1.1.5. In that case your navigation template must be customized with my bad code fix. Revert that template or manually remove my code fix.

When trying to disable this add-on I get the error message to "Please correct the following error" ... Please enter a valid callback method

xF 1.1.5

add-on version 1.1.2b

If it means anything, I used to have route changer installed and uninstalled that before I had upgraded to 1.1.5.

Resolved: Somehow a file was missing. Happened during move?? Not sure but re-uploaded files and all well.

Last edited:
For some reason after installing this add-on, we have the two Nodes As Tabs boxes showing up not once but four times. Any thoughts?

Full:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/add-ons.28/
Relative:
resources/categories/add-ons.28/

Or without friendly URLs...

Full:
http://xenforo.com/community/index.php?resources/categories/add-ons.28/
Relative:
index.php?resources/categories/add-ons.28/

Thanks Jake! Sorry about the confusion, I was mistaking relative with dynamic.

One additional question. This is working now, however it's only working for the main category url entered in the node - any way to get it to apply to the sub-categories as well?

For some reason after installing this add-on, we have the two Nodes As Tabs boxes showing up not once but four times. Any thoughts?

These boxes?

http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screen-shot-2013-07-22-at-12-34-29-pm-png.51913/

What XF version?

For the 1.2 release I did create 4 identical template_hook listeners that are keyed to individual hooks. This was done for performance reasons. It shouldn't result in quadruple content though unless maybe you are not running XF 1.2 (which is required for NodesAsTabs 1.2).

Yeah it's 1.2.

I ran the XML through again and all seems to be working now. It error'd out the first time because the license owner uploaded 1.1.5 instead of 1.2 like a clever clogs.

One additional question. This is working now, however it's only working for the main category url entered in the node - any way to get it to apply to the sub-categories as well?

That's the problem with tab selection and link-forums. There is no formal relation back to the node so this addon uses the informal relation of relative URI matching.

There are two possible solutions:

1) Create a link-forum within that tab (a child node is fine) with a target of "resources/categories". That will then capture all RM category links (for tab selection) because they all share the common root location of "resources/categories".

2) Otherwise you need to create individual link-forums (under that node tab) for each and every RM category URL. That will associate each individual category URL with the parent tab.

Option 1 is easiest. That matches the common root location rather than having to specify each individual location. But if you desire to have secondary links for each category show under the tab then option 2 will also do that for you.

How would I remove the navtab title and quicklinks title from the drop down menu in this addon?

That is not controlled by this addon. It's part of the extraTabs skeleton used by this addon. Edit the navigation template. There are 3 extraTabs blocks with the code you are looking for. Example:

Rich (BB code):
		<!-- extra tabs: home -->
		<xen:if is="{$extraTabs.home}">
		<xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.home" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
			<xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}<xen:if is="{$extraTab.counter}"><strong class="itemCount"><span class="Total">{$extraTab.counter}</span><span class="arrow"></span></strong></xen:if></a>
				<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} {$extraTabId}TabLinks">
					<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
						<h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
						<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
					</div>
					{xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
				</div>
			</li>
			<xen:else />
				<li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'PopupClosed'}">
					<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
					<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
				</li>
			</xen:if>
		</xen:foreach>
		</xen:if>

Getting this error: ErrorException: Undefined index: nat_unreadcount - library/NodesAsTabs/NavTabs.php:150

Be sure to import the XML (upgrade the addon) in the Admin CP after you upload the files.

Some versions add new columns which can result in temporary and expected errors between the time that you upload the files and import the XML.

@Jake Bunce is there anyway for the menus to show the actual link url rather than it redirecting via /link-forums/directory.57/

That is how link-forums work. This addon has no configurable option to change this.

If you want direct links then you can use the Links Template option to define your own secondary links under the tab instead of using link-forums.

Also, XenForo 1.2 has route filters which can affect the link:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/route-filters.47946/

You will probably need to post in the add-on's thread or wait for @Jake Bunce to see this.

In the mean time, I could only recommend disabling it.

Top Bottom