Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Thanks for your response @Jake Bunce
I've followed those instructions to the letter and unfortunately - the tablinks do not show up in either my new theme or the default XF theme. I'm using XF 1.5.8 btw. I've posted a thread at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-help-menu-tablinks-to-show.118683/ showing the steps I'd taken with the Nodes As Tabs add-on. Could it be a bug with XF 1.5.8? All the other navigation links w/dropdown menus show the tablinks just fine. It seems that only the Help menu tablinks isn't populated. Kinda odd :(

J.

Thanks for your response @Jake Bunce
I've followed those instructions to the letter and unfortunately - the tablinks do not show up in either my new theme or the default XF theme. I'm using XF 1.5.8 btw. I've posted a thread at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-help-menu-tablinks-to-show.118683/ showing the steps I'd taken with the Nodes As Tabs add-on. Could it be a bug with XF 1.5.8? All the other navigation links w/dropdown menus show the tablinks just fine. It seems that only the Help menu tablinks isn't populated. Kinda odd :(

J.

It works in my testing on 1.5.8

It also appears to work on your forum:

http://jpicforum.info/help/smilies

It works in my testing on 1.5.8

It also appears to work on your forum:

http://jpicforum.info/help/smilies
JPiC is currently running XF 1.1.2 .. I'm working on the upgrade to the current release.
And you understand what I mean about the tablinks right? The dropdown menu works just fine. But the tablinks (what I had called the sub-navigation menu) simply isn't being populated in the Help menu. All other menus work fine, with both the dropdown menu and the tablinks sub-nav menu.

And actually - one of the PixelExit guys brought to my attention that the tablinks for the Help menu do not show even on XF.com:

xf-tablinks_help.webp

See https://xenforo.com/community/help/ for verification ;)
The tablinks is what I want to show. In the yellow section - I would generally expect to see the links "Smilies, BB Codes, Trophies, etc..." in the sub-nav menu... Do you know if that's possible at all?

J.

Hello Jake,

is there any possibility to use phrases as tab title? I need to translate my custom tabs as I have multiple languages installed, but I couldn't find a solution for the translation yet. Any ideas?

Hello Jake,

is there any possibility to use phrases as tab title? I need to translate my custom tabs as I have multiple languages installed, but I couldn't find a solution for the translation yet. Any ideas?

That isn't an option in the current release. I will put it on my list for a future update though.

Is there a way to put the members tab last in order instead of first?

When editing a node you have Tab Position and Tab Display Order. That gives you position control relative to other tabs.

"Members" is not a node. It's one of the default tabs and comes after the "middle" position.

I created a Guild Rules button in the navbar. Where do I give access to ANYONE to click it and read the Guild Rules. I'd like ALL visitors to be able to read the rules, even those that haven't registered to the site yet, that are thinking of joining our MMO guild..

I created a Guild Rules button in the navbar. Where do I give access to ANYONE to click it and read the Guild Rules. I'd like ALL visitors to be able to read the rules, even those that haven't registered to the site yet, that are thinking of joining our MMO guild..

That is managed by the node permissions:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

That is managed by the node permissions:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Ok I ensured every permission other than moderator permissions were set for Unregistered / Unconfirmed.

When I log completely out, nothing happens when I click the button. I should see the guild rules. It only shows me them when I log in...

Ok I ensured every permission other than moderator permissions were set for Unregistered / Unconfirmed.

When I log completely out, nothing happens when I click the button. I should see the guild rules. It only shows me them when I log in...

I just visited your forum. It appears guests are completely blocked. It's probably this permission:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed -> View

@Jake Bunce got a design question for you. I use font awesome icons in front of all my nav tabs. I just added a page as a tab but I can't seem to modify the code to get it to show. This is what I use for all my other nav tabs:

.navTab.forums .navLink:before {
content: '\f0e6';
font-family: FontAwesome;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
padding-right: 3px;
}

I added a page linking to a world clock. The url name is worldclock and the page is title World Clock. I've tried every combination and can't seem to get it to stick. Any suggestions would be welcome.

@Jake Bunce got a design question for you. I use font awesome icons in front of all my nav tabs. I just added a page as a tab but I can't seem to modify the code to get it to show. This is what I use for all my other nav tabs:

.navTab.forums .navLink:before {
content: '\f0e6';
font-family: FontAwesome;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;
padding-right: 3px;
}

I added a page linking to a world clock. The url name is worldclock and the page is title World Clock. I've tried every combination and can't seem to get it to stick. Any suggestions would be welcome.

It should be:

.navTab.nodetab3 .navLink:before

Just specify the node_id number.

How do I change the length of the secondary nav?

In my case, nodes on the secondary nav fall into the ellipse list, thereby hiding access to their children. In one case, all of my secondary nodes (forums) have child nodes (forums). It's not a problem to the left of the ellipse, as I can access these nodes' children, it's just those that fall into the ellipse dropdown.

Suggestions for a fix?

How do I change the length of the secondary nav?

In my case, nodes on the secondary nav fall into the ellipse list, thereby hiding access to their children. In one case, all of my secondary nodes (forums) have child nodes (forums). It's not a problem to the left of the ellipse, as I can access these nodes' children, it's just those that fall into the ellipse dropdown.

Suggestions for a fix?

That's a styling issue. The responsive navbar ensures the content fits into the available space.

You could disable responsive design in XenForo:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Responsive Design -> Enable responsive design

...but this will make the style less mobile friendly.

Top Bottom