Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
XenKingDirectory automatically added the link to the nabar upon installation. When I view the node tree, it shows the Directory as a forum, not a link-forum. If need be, I could set up a link forum and follow your instructions above. Is there another reason the entries might not be showing with the directory as a forum (and not a link-forum)?

Sorry I don't understand what you are wanting to do with/to XenKingDirectory.

Hello,

I have created a new page with the nodes as tabs add on, and all is fine except that when I reduce the width of the browser the facebook link under "Share this Page" (at the bottom of the page, not the sidebar) swaps position to under the rest of the share links... http://arsenaltalk.net/pages/opinions/

How can I stop this from happening? - it doesn't happen on any other page where the share this page options are at the bottom of the page...

Hello,

I have created a new page with the nodes as tabs add on, and all is fine except that when I reduce the width of the browser the facebook link under "Share this Page" (at the bottom of the page, not the sidebar) swaps position to under the rest of the share links... http://arsenaltalk.net/pages/opinions/

How can I stop this from happening? - it doesn't happen on any other page where the share this page options are at the bottom of the page...

This is nothing to do with Nodes As Tabs, but I can help you.

That element has some inline styling that sets the width:

Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 12.49.04 AM.webp

Unfortunately I can't find where this code is in the software. And it's inline styling so I can't use a class to override. If you post in the style forum then maybe some one can help.

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/

Hi Jake,

I'm using this to add a category with subforums to my navbar and I get this notice

nodes as tabs.webp

I have Create Pages for Categories turned off, and the category in question has no parent node, but it still seems to have worked okay as I can see the menu on the nav bar - is the notice warning me of something else?

Hi Jake,

I'm using this to add a category with subforums to my navbar and I get this notice

View attachment 32931

I have Create Pages for Categories turned off, and the category in question has no parent node, but it still seems to have worked okay as I can see the menu on the nav bar - is the notice warning me of something else?

That notice is talking about the tab link. Try clicking the tab and you will see the problem.

It takes me to the forum index and drops the user down to the relevant category, which has the sub forums listed directly beneath it. That's alright isn't it?

It takes me to the forum index and drops the user down to the relevant category, which has the sub forums listed directly beneath it. That's alright isn't it?

If you want that behavior, sure. But I call that a problem. The tab should open the category on its own page instead of anchoring to the index.

It would be better if there was a 'Create Page for this Category' option when creating the category nodes instead of a blanket option.

Jake - how do I add a page as a child link to an existing TAB?

If the existing tab is not a node tab then you can use a manual tab assignment for your page node. I added that feature in the most recent update. See #2:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=1441

But if you read the description of that field you will see that you need to manually add the link to the tab. With these manual assignments it only controls the tab selection for the page node. Nodes As Tabs can't automatically add the link because it does not "own" the tab in question, unlike a node tab where child links can be displayed automatically.

Possible Bug???

When creating a node to be used as a link and displaying it as a tab it won't include the links template.

Hello,

thank you for this awesome Add-On :)

I've got a Question and i hope it's not already asked or included :P

Is there a way to use BBCode in the Tab Name ? (Like Bold,Colored TAB names)
Is there a way to open Tabs in a new Window ?

Thank you in advance !

-Doug Heffernan

Hello,

this is just awesome :)

Thank you for the quick Help Jake Bunce !

EDIT:
Unfortunately this code for EXTRA.css doesn't work for me , i replaced the nodetab1 to 34 and nothing happens, it could be because i'm using Xenomorph Framework (XenStyles).

The New Window function works perfectly :)

-Doug Heffernan

Top Bottom