Resource icon

[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
cpu.webp

You can see the time where I tried the addon again while set to process 5 items at a time.

I also tried 1 item at a time, which stressed my CPU in a similar manner.

@Amin Sabet Have you optimized all images? Did the first optimization process ended?

If you pass that phase you're problems are gone and further optimizations will run smoothly.

@Amin Sabet Have you optimized all images? Did the first optimization process ended?

If you pass that phase you're problems are gone and further optimizations will run smoothly.

No, it started to error and then brought my server to a halt (all sites went down) after about 40,000 images. I uninstalled the addon. Now when I reinstalled it and enable it again last night, I'm assuming it started over scanning them from the beginning. Hopefully it knows which ones it already optimized and leaves those alone.

When I tried this last night, the server load started to go up right away. I turned the addon back off when the load got to about 16. But there were no Admin CP errors at the time, which I'm assuming is because it didn't get to the point where it was actually optimizing any new images.

So the answer is no, I haven't optimized all images. The load on my CPU is too great to get there.

Hopefully it knows which ones it already optimized and leaves those alone.

I don't think so .... the uninstaller removes all traces from the addon, so the only way to recover this is to get the last backup and import xf_image_optimizer_log.
After that, you can install the addon and it will start in the last optimized image in the database logs.

I haven't optimized all images. The load on my CPU is too great to get there.

That's a shame, @Nobita.Kun needs to take some time get this solved.

I don't think so .... the uninstaller removes all traces from the addon, so the only way to recover this is to get the last backup and import xf_image_optimizer_log.
After that, you can install the addon and it will start in the last optimized image in the database logs.

If I don't do that, it won't harm the images, right? Will just re-optimize them, which using jpegoptim twice at the same settings I think should be okay.

When I reinstalled without importing that log, nothing shows up in the addon log, even after waiting 15 min, but the CPU load goes up and up.

If I don't do that, it won't harm the images, right? Will just re-optimize them, which using jpegoptim twice at the same settings I think should be okay.

Should be ok (backup images and attachment database), but you can test that using the command line. download a unoptimized image and run jpegoptim -max=65 unoptomized.jpg multiple times. Download and see the results.
Note, I set 65 but you can use what you want.

When I reinstalled without importing that log, nothing shows up in the addon log, even after waiting 15 min, but the CPU load goes up and up.

If you install again the addon without import the logs table, it will start from the beginning. Can you check to see if what it's eating all that cpu is mariadb/mysql?

Have you tried that addon? I am tempted to try it but afraid. There is also this one:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/trigger-deferred-php-via-shell-crontab.2512/

Yes, with this one you are running deferred from the command line.
If you want to test, edit the template and remove the deferred reference like it says. After that, with the Optimizer Addon installed and active, run the command to the deferred.php just once and check the optimizer logs to see what he have done.

Edit: if you want to go back, don't forget to undo the changes in the page_container.

I am trying GFN's shell defer addon which you first suggested. With that in place, I am not seeing any increased CPU load with Nobita's addon re-enabled. I assume it's gonna take a long time before I get back to the 40,000th image and see some new images getting optimized, but at least the CPU isn't cooking.

Looks like I spoke too soon. CPU loading shooting up now even while using GFN's shell defer addon with Nobita's addon.

His addon contains a template modification which does that.

My server load is usually less than 1. With Nobita's addon rose to above 50.

With the GFN shell defer addon in place along with Nobita's addon, load is currently at 9 but seems to be rising more slowly than it did without the shell defer addon...

CPU load rising steadily - have to disable Nobita's addon again...

His addon contains a template modification which does that.

Yes, but I don't see anything in the code that removes that, so I don't know if it does!
Try the other one if you want or use this one, but remove the deferred tag from the page_container by hand to get sure it works.

After that, run the cmd line just once and wait to see where it goes.
Use htop command and take a look at mysql cpu usage.

I already talked to him about this. I'm sure he will change this asap.

I have it running right now for some days and the load is 0,1.
The first run is the problem, but it has a solution :)

Another thing this addon really could use is the option to start with addon #X or to start with the next addon and not do existing ones.

I mean, it would be very handy for me to start with attachment #40,000 instead of optimizing all the old ones.

Also would be good to have the option to optimize future attachments without affecting all past ones since optimizing a whole bunch of old ones comes with more risk.

Another thing is that when I ran this addon and spot checked the image sizes in log against the actual size of the files, they didn't always match. And while the log showed a certain # of GB of savings, it reset back to 0 after the addon continued to work.

Top Bottom