Resource icon

[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
It's possible. If you import the logs and then install the addon it will start where it stopped.

Other alternative would be to hard code in the installer the last attachment that was optimized before doing the installation.

I'm having similar issues like @Amin Sabet, my server was down twice because of this addon. Don't really want to try again until I'm completely sure it will work correctly.
I'm still waiting for a stable solution that won't overload my server.
Thanks @Nuno for the suggestions, hope @Nobita.Kun can follow them and use cron instead of deferred.
Kind regards!

I'm having similar issues like @Amin Sabet, my server was down twice because of this addon. Don't really want to try again until I'm completely sure it will work correctly.
I'm still waiting for a stable solution that won't overload my server.
Thanks @Nuno for the suggestions, hope @Nobita.Kun can follow them and use cron instead of deferred.
Kind regards!
Cron still using Deferred system. Just have a bit difference that Cron have interface which you can control the runtime while deferred are not.

I don't know how deferred works. That's just a suggestion.
As I understand, with cron we have more control and we can split batches but you are not ore knowledge about this than me.... Just want to help :)
What are you planning to do?

Cron still using Deferred system. Just have a bit difference that Cron have interface which you can control the runtime while deferred are not.
Sure, you're the developer.
I just know that everytime I try this addon my server overloads and gets down.
Hope you can find a way to solve this so I can activate it.
Thanks!

I just know that everytime I try this addon my server overloads and gets down.

Same here. I have a dedicated server which, when I don't use this addon, uses less than 10% of CPU. With this addon, it's at 100%, and the sites go down.

Thanks in advance for trying to solve this!

Thanks, Nobita. Trying this right now, got this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: lastRunTime - library/Nobita/ImageOptimizer/Deferred/Optimize.php:45
Generated By: Unknown Account, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/Nobita/ImageOptimizer/Deferred/Optimize.php(45): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 45, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): Nobita_ImageOptimizer_Deferred_Optimize->execute(Array, Array, 8, '')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 8, '', false)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "https://www.talkemount.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Seems like it will be much slower now, right?

Even if we do 20 items per optimization and 1 minute between optimizations, that is only 1200 items per hour, correct?

@Nobita.Kun if you could update the error log in the Abstract.php would be great.
That would ensure all binary files exists and can be used.

Last edited:
Good news is that I was able to get through the entire optimization of my site with over 70,000 image attachments, some of them very large.

Bad news is that server load was very high (over 20) and climbing at the end of that. However, CPU utilization did not rise very high.

From what I can tell, the addon races to optimize all images, regardless of the "Time Between Optimizing (minutes)" setting.

One of my sites has over 425,000 large image attachments not including thumbnails and avatars. I don't know if my server will be able to survive through that.

Good news is that I was able to get through the entire optimization of my site with over 70,000 image attachments, some of them very large.

Bad news is that server load was very high (over 20) and climbing at the end of that. However, CPU utilization did not rise very high.

From what I can tell, the addon races to optimize all images, regardless of the "Time Between Optimizing (minutes)" setting.

One of my sites has over 425,000 large image attachments not including thumbnails and avatars. I don't know if my server will be able to survive through that.
To prevent CPU earning you might using high value. For how option working? Each optimize must wait a number of minutes (option value) to run.

I was just able to do my second biggest site (over 120,000 image attachments) using this addon without bringing down my server.

two.webp

Keep in mind that most of those attachments had been optimized before using a different addon, so this is a very good result. Load average got up in the 11-12 range, but that's a lot better than 50.

It seems like the new option helps, but server load still goes very high. CPU % doesn't go high anymore, so I don't know where the load is coming from.

One thing I noticed is when the optimization of all attachments has completed, server load remains high (slowly coming down) for a while, and I continue to see jpegoptim instances in top:

three.webp

If I restart PHP-FPM, the server load quickly diminishes. Is that safe to do while there are still jpegoptim instances? The Image Optimizer log shows that all the attachments have been optimized, so I don't know what jpegoptim is doing.

Thanks, Nobita. Trying this right now, got this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: lastRunTime - library/Nobita/ImageOptimizer/Deferred/Optimize.php:45
Generated By: Unknown Account, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/Nobita/ImageOptimizer/Deferred/Optimize.php(45): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 45, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): Nobita_ImageOptimizer_Deferred_Optimize->execute(Array, Array, 8, '')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 8, '', false)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/talkemount.com/public/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "https://www.talkemount.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I get the above error once on every new site where I install and start using this addon.

Using the default settings, server load is staying nice and low while the addon is working on my biggest site, nearly 500,000 attachments:

nobita2.webp

Last edited:
Last night I disabled the addon when it had gotten through 100,000 attachments. I was afraid the load would go too high while I slept. To my surprise, I woke this AM to find that it had optimized all 488,618 images!

2016-11-08_0606.webp

And my server had survived. I guess disabling the addon doesn't stop it from finishing what it has started.

I don't know why it shows only "Saved 0.14%". In looking at my SSD statistics, I can see it saved me over 30GB on this one site alone. It went from over 105G to less than 75GB.

I have noticed on my other sites running this addon, that after it goes through all the attachments, it shows how much it has saved, then on subsequent views it shows 0.xx%.

For example, one of my sites showed this right after it finished converting:

two.webp

But now it shows this:

three.webp

Last edited:
Now that the addon has finished processing all images, the load and CPU are very low (back to normal for my server) while running the addon simultaneously on Xenforo sites.

I just hope I didn't mess anything up by restarting PHP-FPM while there were still jpegoptim instances in top. In fact, I did that on several sites because once I say all attachments optimized in the log, I thought I was all set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom