Resource icon

[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
This addon worked great on my test site with ~20,000 image attachments, but when I installed it on a larger site with more and larger attachments, it started to error after about 40,000 attachments.

4790_2016-11-05_0820.webp

This is what happened to my server while I slept:

x4791_upload_2016-11-5_18-5-35.png.pagespeed.ic.hvguRG1L9U.webp

All my sites on that server were down, returning 502 Gateway errors. Restarting php-fpm brought the sites back online.

I cannot say for certain that this addon caused the problem, but it's the only new thing I added yesterday before this happened. I uninstalled this addon. When I reinstall it, server load starts to go up right away.

I hope I can get it working without issue, because I really like this addon. It offers a couple unique features, like the options to strip none, preserve all markers (jpegoptim) and also it works well with AndyB's Convert Image addon.

Last edited:
I used 1.1.1 when I optimized all my images and cpu usage was very high all the time.
I did't get any error when optimizing 120k images, but even after finishing it's work , things where not ver cpu friendly.
I shared this with him and 1.1.2 came out with some changes to avoid big table scans.

I think @Nobita.Kun should use cron instead of deferred to avoid this aggressive cpu work.

I don't now exactly how deferred works, but in my tests all images where optimized, even after changed to 1 per optimization.
With cron we can set 20 or 50 per 5min run to get things smoothly.

For php you can change max_execution_time to 300.

You have a server, I have a vps, so with timeout set to 300 eventually you can optimize all images.
If you don't want to risk, wait for nobita to change this.

This is the only thing that needs to be polished, it's very fast and uses to much cpu if you have lots of images in the first optimization process, after that, works as expected.

Try to set 1 image per optimization cicle to see how it goes.

Last edited:
The errors I see seem to be related to fastcgi_read_timeout

Strange thing is, I have that set to 180s but the timeouts are happening at 120s. Maybe my setting is being overriden somewhere.

I am going to try increasing it to 300s and try the addon again.

Top Bottom