XF 1.4 No usernames logged in user upgrade transaction log

kontrabass

Since Feb 23rd 2015, no usernames are being logged in the user upgrade transaction log. It always used to list usernames, but now it only says "Unknown Account". I frequently need to search the log for payments by a username. I did some digging: in the table xf_user_upgrade_log, the field "user_upgrade_record_id" is ALWAYS "0" since Feb 23rd 2015. This isn't right, is it? Before Feb 23rd, it always shows a value (unless it's a recurring sub signup or cancellation).

User upgrades (one time and recurring) seem to be working ok, I think...

In table xf_user_upgrade_active, the field "user_upgrade_record_id" IS filled with values.

Anyone have similar issues? We used to run [bd] paygate, but uninstalled that late last year... Currently running Daniel Hood 's Expiring User Upgrades but have had that installed for nearly a year now...

Attachments

• Screenshot at Mar 29 21-28-44.webp
    Screenshot at Mar 29 21-28-44.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Because it's an unknown upgrade, it's not exactly a successful payment (successful in terms of XF relating it to someone). In the log's parameters, what do you see for the "custom" value?

Because it's an unknown upgrade, it's not exactly a successful payment (successful in terms of XF relating it to someone). In the log's parameters, what do you see for the "custom" value?

That's the weird thing - all entries in the log, even those for known legit upgrades (where the user IS upgraded, put into premium usergroup etc), all the log entries still say unknown upgrade and unknown user.

The "custom" value from the log is always something like this:

custom 111383,1,token,111383,1427663390,e63bd8ad4781f1a2b9ea6e8af32841621f842c39

Never mind - seems to have been DigitalPoint's "Better Analytics" addon causing the log problems. He's got a fix out today. Thanks as always for your help Mike :)

Last edited:
I may need to access the log and information in the control panel to try to give you any further information. Could you submit a ticket with that?

I may need to access the log and information in the control panel to try to give you any further information. Could you submit a ticket with that?

Sorry Mike, this was resolved - it was DP's "Better Analytics" addon that broke the log. A fix was issued and the log is back to normal. :)

Top Bottom