1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Upgrade transaction log - Extremely long (hanging?) mysql

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by kontrabass, Feb 12, 2014.

1. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that 1.3 has a user upgrade transaction log, however I cannot view it because of a hanging mysql query. Not sure why this would be... With Waindigo's User Upgrade addon, I can view the transaction log just fine. I uninstalled my other user upgrade addons in case of a conflict. I do have other addons installed, and don't have the time to uninstall all of them to test. Here's the query, as you can see it's been "executing" for 74 minutes

Kill    56867788    xf2014    192.xxxxxxx:xxxx    xenforo778    Execute    4447    Copying to tmp table    SELECT user_upgrade . * , user . * , log . *
    FROM xf_user_upgrade_log AS log
    LEFT JOIN xf_user_upg
    The user upgrade log has about 30,000 records, and we have a couple hundred thousand users.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a bad query -- MySQL wasn't using an index like I had expected. I've rewritten it now though, so it will be much faster in the next update. (I may also add an index on log_date as well.)