1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Upgrade transaction log - Extremely long (hanging?) mysql

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by kontrabass, Feb 12, 2014.

1. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that 1.3 has a user upgrade transaction log, however I cannot view it because of a hanging mysql query. Not sure why this would be... With Waindigo's User Upgrade addon, I can view the transaction log just fine. I uninstalled my other user upgrade addons in case of a conflict. I do have other addons installed, and don't have the time to uninstall all of them to test. Here's the query, as you can see it's been "executing" for 74 minutes

Code:
    Kill    56867788    xf2014    192.xxxxxxx:xxxx    xenforo778    Execute    4447    Copying to tmp table    SELECT user_upgrade . * , user . * , log . *
    FROM xf_user_upgrade_log AS log
    LEFT JOIN xf_user_upg
    The user upgrade log has about 30,000 records, and we have a couple hundred thousand users.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a bad query -- MySQL wasn't using an index like I had expected. I've rewritten it now though, so it will be much faster in the next update. (I may also add an index on log_date as well.)