XF 1.4 User Upgrade Transaction Log

trman

My user upgrade transaction log shows all of my transactions from Paypal and not just those initiated via the User Upgrade link. How can I get it to just show those that are intitiated via the XenForo user upgrade link?

I use Paypal to receive payments for my other businesses and get many more payments from it than I do from User Upgrades in the forum so I don't want all of those extra entries there. The extra entries (non user upgrade entries) appear as below in the User Upgrade Transaction Log:

Unknown Upgrade - Error: Invalid item (custom) Tuesday at 5:36 AM, Unknown Account

Last edited:
Liam, thank you but I don't understand.

In my Paypal account there is space for one IPN URL. If I change it to a one that is not XF then the XF upgrade system won't work. I did not use IPN before XenForo, I only use it for forum upgrades.

Liam, thank you but I don't understand.

In my Paypal account there is space for one IPN URL. If I change it to a one that is not XF then the XF upgrade system won't work. I did not use IPN before XenForo, I only use it for forum upgrades.

XenForo sends the IPN URL to PayPal. The one in your profile on PP is for all transactions and to keep it turned on.

If it is changed, non XF transactions will go to that URL, and therefore won't be logged.

Liam

Okay I will try to explain better. I have attached a screen shot of my IPN settings from paypal. I have the XF URL listed there, in order to make the upgrades in XF work. If I change the URL in Paypal the upgrade system won't work. So that is not an option.

What I am trying to do is to keep the XF upgrade system working, but I don't want all the notifications that aren't related to XF upgrades, such as when someone pays me for other services I provide.

ipn.webp

Gotcha! I just made a page with nothing on it except one word and let it connect to that so it won't eat up bandwidth loading my whole site.

Thank you for all your help! I also went in phpMyAdmin and deleted all the error lines from user_upgrade_log and left the legitimate upgrades there.

Top Bottom