XF 1.5 No upload button for anyone but Admin

rickhz

I broke it already... I added Media Gallery, and made a few tweaks, but can't figure out why my Elite members and moderators can no longer see an upload button when trying to reply to a post in the forum. I checked their permissions, and it's all set to "Attach" where it should be, limits seem correct. I'm stumped...

They do see the Add Media button in the Gallery.

Well I found something and I don't understand how it changed seemingly on it's own. The Node permissions are now set to inherit for all of the nodes. Is that something that happened after the Media Gallery installation?

Do I really have to go through each of every 150+ forums and each usergroup to set reset permissions? Can I do it in a batch? I'm really confused now...

Installing the Media Gallery wouldn't touch this. I'm guessing that this data was removed (from the DB directly). Installing an add-on has triggered a permission rebuild, which used the state in the DB to determine the permissions.

That said, "inherit" is the default state for node permissions. Do you recall a specific example where it wasn't this?

I don't. I just went down the whole list yesterday fixing permissions. What's funny is that the registered usergroup stayed intact. It was the rest which all reverted.

I sure hope that V 1.6 addresses permissions issues. I spent over 4 hours on this last night. To think I would have to waste that much time every time I want to change something across the board is ludicrous...

So just when I thought I had it figured out, I hit another problem.

I used
Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 2, 3}">
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
     <li class="message">
            <div class="messageUserInfo" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Person">
                <div class="messageUserBlock">
                    <div class="avatarHolder">
                        <span class="helper"></span>
                        <xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" img="true" />
                    </div>
                    <h3 class="userText">
                    <span style="font-weight: bold">Support EF</span>
                    <em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"></em>
                    </h3>
                    <span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="messageInfo primaryContent">
                <div class="messageContent">
                    <article>
                        <blockquote class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

<!--INFOLINKS_OFF-->
<div align="left">
<br><center><b><a href="/forums/index.php?account/upgrades">Join the Elite Explorers for only $20 a year</center></a></b>
<br>Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose
and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own.
<b>Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including the blue underlined links,
and no ads on photos</b>. Other benefits include the ability to <b>store more Conversations, add your own avatar
to your posts, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our <a href="/photopost/">Photo Gallery</a></b> and more. Join the <b><a href="/xenforo/index.php?account/upgrades">Elite Explorers</a></b> today. Your support of the forum is greatly appreciated.
<br><br>
</div>
<!--INFOLINKS_ON-->

<style type="text/css">
.overtaking-top-dynamic {
width: 320px;
height: 50px;
}

@media(min-width: 800px) {
    .overtaking-top-dynamic {
    width: 728px;
    height: 90px;
    }
}
</style>

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- xen_below_message -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle overtaking-top-dynamic"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1465533425503040"
     data-ad-slot="8105278131"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

<br /><br /><label for="LoginControl"><span style="font-weight: bold; color: #004400"><a href="login/" class="concealed noOutline">Log in or Sign up</a></span></label> to hide all adverts.
                        </blockquote>
                    </article>
                </div>
            </div>
        </li>
    </xen:if>

I want this code to show to unregistered users, and to the Admin. The group numbers are correct, yet I do not see the text, or the ad when I'm logged in as either Admin or a registered member. Why is the system ignoring the usergroup call?

Top Bottom