1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 NO Super Admins

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ali_00080, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ali_00080

ali_00080 New Member

I've just started helping a friend on their Xenforo site.. However the forum has NO Super Admins on there. I've checked the Config file and it does have the following line $config['superAdmins'] = ‘1’; on there which in theory should give User 1 Super Admin Access. However this doesn't seem to be the case...

Any thoughts on how to fix this? As I can't even create an Admin to give them Super Admin Access :/

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It only makes an admin a super admin; it doesn't make anyone else a super admin. You would need to change that to (or add) a current admin's user ID to give someone super admin access.
  3. ali_00080

ali_00080 New Member

The current Admin (which is an account I have access to) I've added it to Config as the ID is 1..
    However when I go to click on Administrators in the backend or check logs.

"You must be a super administrator to access this page. This can be configured in the file library/config.php."

^ this is the error I get.
  4. ali_00080

ali_00080 New Member

$config['db']['host'] = '---';
    $config['db']['port'] = '---';
    $config['db']['username'] = '---';
    $config['db']['password'] = '---';
    $config['db']['dbname'] = '---';

$config['superAdmins'] = ‘1’;

I desperately need the Super Admin situation fixed as the site is meant to be going live tomorrow :(
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's your problem - you have smart quotes around the 1.

You need to use plain quotes.

Make sure you use a decent editor like Notepad++ or Textwrangler when editing stuff like this to ensure you don't get quotes swapped out for smart ones, which programs like Word will do.
    wedgar and ali_00080 like this.
  6. ali_00080

ali_00080 New Member

Ahhh Jebus! I've been up since 5 with the little-un and my head is everywhere :(

Love you Mr Martok... You for one have saved me from a headache <3