No PHPBB converter?

nrep

I've got a little PHPBB forum that I'd like to bring over to XenForo, but I was quite surprised to see that there isn't a way to import my old threads directly. Instead, I'd need to go down the PHPBB > VB > XF route which would lose passwords and no longer retain the correct thread numbering, making it very difficult to redirect old threadid's.

Is anyone currently working on a PHPBB importer or know of a way I could still retain the information that would be lost during the 2 stage transfer? I'd much rather do a clean import and retain the old IDs, as it would be a show stopper if I couldn't re-direct old URLs.

Thanks for the feedback Brogan. Do you know a ballpark figure of when it could be available, as if it may only be a matter of weeks then I'll hold on and convert it then. If we're looking at next year then I may need to work something else out.

Any luck on getting some info on this :). I'd really like to move this site to XF if there's a way to do this in the coming weeks otherwise I'd need to move it over to a different platform.

Typically when an importer is near ready Kier asks for sample data.
Since, Kier hasn't asked for sample phpBB3 data, it is quite likely a robust phpBB3 importer wouldn't be ready in a few weeks.
Have you asked xenfans.com how much they would charge to convert phpBB3 and what are the limitations in their methods (which are likely phpBB3 -> vB3 - > xF.) ?

Top Bottom