1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Converted from phpBB - HELP!

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Josiah, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Josiah

Josiah Member

I recently converted my phpBB forum to XenForo. (Can't find my issues via Google or through XenForo search)

1. I went through the procedure of validating the sql information and imported everything. However, posts that had uploaded an attached email are not showing in ANY of the posts. I thought this was suppose to be converted over?

2. I thought the "Retain imported content IDs" option would had fixed links from one post that refer to another thread/post. Is there some way I can fix all these links at once WITHOUT having to edit every single post manually?

3. How can I email to a (multiple)group rather than an individual? I had this option in phpBB, but every time I select a group, it tells me no users were found.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, is there a way to add a group as an admin/mod without having to add each user manually?

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

What exactly shows in the posts where attachments were supposed to be? I converted from phpBB3, and inline attachments were simply stuck at the end of the post as attachments.

I think that is for VB imports, and not phpBB3 ones. You can set up ReWrite rules in .htaccess to fix that. EG my forum is in URL/forum directory:

Code:
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)t=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
    RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/threads/%2? [L,R=301,NC]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} f=(\d+)$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(viewforum\.php|viewtopic\.php)$ /forum/forums/%1? [L,R=301,NC]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)p=([0-9]+)(&|$) [NC]
    RewriteRule ^viewtopic\.php$ /forum/posts/%2? [L,R=301,NC]

ACP --> Users --> Email Users

Select the group via the User Criteria
    email.PNG

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Josiah

Josiah Member

Nothing. No place holder at all. Just an empty space where it would be.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, I tried that and it told me no users found.... I just tried now and it works >.> However, how can I tell it to send to multiple groups at once? I know that wasn't possible in phpBB, so I had a work around that I can try again.

4. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Nope, it does the exact same thing for phpBB, it keeps the same topic ID's.

What is the file extension? By default, only these are allowed:
    Regarding #2, you can select group membership when creating the email, Registered should be the primary group for everyone, so just tick off the secondary groups you want to email too.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. Josiah

Josiah Member

They are png images. They are not even showing when editing the post in XenForo.

6. MagnusB

Did other attachments import correctly?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  7. Josiah

Josiah Member

They did not. Attachments in Messages/Conversations aren't showing either. Am I going to have to try to importing everything again?

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Are the files inside the attachments directory after the import?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  9. Josiah

Josiah Member

If that directory is the "files" folder, then no they weren't. I copied the files to it later while trying to troubleshoot this earlier before posting.

10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

If they have been imported to XF, then they should be inside /root/data/attachments/ and root/internal_data/attachments/

Jake Bunce likes this.
  11. Josiah

Josiah Member

Neither of those attachment folders exist...... Should I be able to copy over the files or do I have to go through the Import process again?

12. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I think you may need to do the conversion again then if they are missing. Not sure if Jake or Slavik have anything else to suggest?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  13. MagnusB

It seems the attachments weren't carried over. You need the original attachment folder, the xF one should be included in the package. You will not be able to just copy over the files, but I doubt it will work, it seems to me the attachments weren't imported at all.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  14. Josiah

Josiah Member

Alright... I just did a clean wipe to my directory and the database. Reinstalled XenForo and neither of those attachment folders were there, so I created them. Went through importing everything and this is what I get:
    xen0.PNG

Why isn't it taking my files?

Where does it attempt to get my files from?

I tried looking for logs for the import, but I can't find it?

15. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The folders are supposed to be the ones with your existing attachments in, not where you want your attachments to go. If you just create a blank folder, then you won't have anything to import and will get 0 imported items (as your screenshot shows).

This add-on should hopefully allow you to just undo and re-do that last step:
    http://xenforo.com/community/resources/import-tools-by-waindigo.1255/

Jake Bunce likes this.
  16. Josiah

Josiah Member

Wait, are you saying that I have to place my phpBB attachment files (/root/files/ as they are in phpBB) into one of those attachment folders? Or do I need to copy /"phpbb"/files/ to /"xenforo"/files?

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

They need to be on the same server and in whatever folder you have specified. So either copy all your attachments from phpbb into the directories you previously specified or start your import again and specify the correct path to your phpbb attachments folder.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  18. Josiah

Josiah Member

Well, geez. That's nice to know. Guess they need to give more detail about that? Wish I knew that before wiping the setup more than three times >.>

Thanks for that addon. Trying it now.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  19. Josiah

Josiah Member

Aight. That worked. Now I have all my attachments. Thanks again.

Jake Bunce and Jon W like this.
  20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

Did you have to do a new import, or did you manage to do it by undoing and redoing the last step?