No more xenforo.com's mails?

xfrocks

I suddenly stopped receiving mails from xenforo.com. Everything. Conversation. Watched Thread. Everything stopped. Is this just me or xenforo.com? Or Gmail decided to play it hard?

Yeah that's happened to me too. I can't even tell when someone replies to my own threads sometime. It happened with some of my alerts in the forum as well.

I've had an issue recently with Yahoo/BT Connect - they've been tar-pitting CycleChat (despite my explaining about being a busy forum and the emails being legit); XF injects them okay and qmail attempts to send them, but then gets knocked back by Yahoo with a 421 - http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_GB&id=SLN3437

Not sure if Xenforo.com are getting similar treatment?

I've contacted Yahoo directly once about their policy.... Simply put, they believe no "forum" should ever send out any notices in a frequent manner. So if your members have opt-in to receive update and is successful, resulting in "frequent" e-mails.... Expect to be added on their general spam list.

I've contacted Yahoo directly once about their policy.... Simply put, they believe no "forum" should ever send out any notices in a frequent manner. So if your members have opt-in to receive update and is successful, resulting in "frequent" e-mails.... Expect to be added on their general spam list.

That's disappointing. :(

If XenForo had away to prevent Yahoo users from registering, but not blocking or removing the current ones I already have.... I'd be using that feature.

But yes, Yahoo isn't so friendly about much (in my opinion).

I belive you can use wilcard domains from registering:

yoursite.com/admin.php?banning/emails

and write in "domain.com". Users won't be able to register with these domains.

I belive you can use wilcard domains from registering:

yoursite.com/admin.php?banning/emails

and write in "domain.com". Users won't be able to register with these domains.

Yes, but that would also ban the members who have already joined.

They key would be to prevent new Yahoo sign-ups, but not mess up those who already have.

Top Bottom