XF 1.5 No alerts for replies?

MirandaSings

I am having a weird problem. I am not receiving any alerts whenever someone replies to a thread. I recently got ******* Modern Statistics addon, but seems like that bugged up the alert system? But whenever someone posts on my profile, that's when I receive alerts as well as conversation alerts. I refreshed the page also. I tried disabling the addon and did a file health check. All files are correct.

Last edited:
There must be something else at play; otherwise, many other people would be reporting this.

I suspect it may have something to do with *******'s add-on, but you'll need to contact them on their site about it.

Wow, is that how it works in Xen 1.5? It wasn't like that before at all...:/

How do I set it to where it automatically watches every thread that's posted like before?
It does say unwatch for every thread on xenforo, which is why I'm so confused.

I clicked watch forum, still doesn't show alerts - tried both options (watch new threads/messages) - I have to manually watch every thread? Why is this..
Depending on the option you selected will depend on the alerts you will get.

Screenshot_2015-08-22-08-12-12.webp
New Threads will send alerts for new threads only whilst new messages sends alerts for all new messages. Make sure you have checked the appropriate one and that notifications are set to alerts.

Note you won't be alerted for your own posts.

If it is still not working, you'll need to test with all add-ons disabled and in an unedited default style to see if it then works.

It is an addon issue, but is there anyway to watch forum for all forums or watch thread for every thread? Cause threads I made on my forum don't show unwatch thread, but on xenforo it does.

Why do you want an alert for every single thread and post anyway? It seems like overkill to me. Why not just use the New Posts page to keep up with everything new that is posted?

Wow, is that how it works in Xen 1.5? It wasn't like that before at all...:/

How do I set it to where it automatically watches every thread that's posted like before?
This part of XenForo was not changed in 1.5. Under preferences, you will find the option to automatically watch any thread you create or reply to.

Top Bottom