1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 No AdminCP menu

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Biker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Any idea what would cause this? I've even gone as far as creating a new browser profile and the issue persists. nomenuadmincp.png
    We've had another Admin complain about the same issue and it cleared up "magically" after a day or so.

Browser Console also shows this:

ffconsole.png

Hellifiknow what's causing this.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you view the page source, do you see a <ul class="sideNavSections"> line? Is the <ul> empty? If not, is there an element with class sideNavActiveSection?

3. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Looks to be empty for some reason.

Code:
    <div id="sideNav" class="FixedSidebar" data-cutoff="800px">
            <div class="sideNavCloser AcpSidebarCloser"></div>
            <div class="sideNavBar">
                <ul class="sideNavSections">

</ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Try going to <url>/install/ and reimporting the master data.

The screenshot doesn't appear to show all permissions, on the basis that languages and styles aren't showing, but you should have permissions for at least some things. (And there should always be some links that aren't permission controlled.)

If that doesn't sort it, I think you'd need to start looking at add-ons (which may edit the available entries or be using a template modification to change them).

5. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

It's not a XF installation issue, but rather some type of browser issue which I'll be darned if I can figure out.

Booted into Winderz, fired up Firefox and the menu is there. Same addons and settings.

I'll be dipped if I can figure out why it's doing this on the Linux installation.

6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Scratch that. Now I'm getting the same behavior in Winderz. We'll do the master data install and see what happens.

7. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Had another admin take a look and he's having no issues at all. Hellifiknow what's going on here.

8. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but have you upgraded to 1.5.9 and do you have any caching or a CDN in place? Clear server / browser caches or refresh CDN cache perhaps?

9. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Yes, we are using bootstrap and cloudflare. I'll see about getting those caches cleared.

10. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Shawn, you're a life saver! That was the ticket!

CyclingTribe likes this.
  11. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Nice one! (y)