XF 2.2 No admin control panel access

According to /install you're running 2.2.13.

If this issue started without making any changes then it has to be something server side, such as the PHP version.

Deprecation errors should only be triggered with debug mode enabled, so it's worth trying to disable that if you have it enabled. Otherwise you might try to enable the intl PHP extension if it is disabled, or disable it if it is enabled. We don't pass any explicit flags to idn_to_ascii, and our polyfill should set the default appropriately so it's a bit puzzling why this would occur.

According to /install you're running 2.2.13.

If this issue started without making any changes then it has to be something server side, such as the PHP version.

Thank you. We deleted some things from the server today regarding an old Word Press site, but it was located in a different directory. Coincidence? We did submit a support ticket to XF, as I forgot we had paid for support.

Deprecation errors should only be triggered with debug mode enabled, so it's worth trying to disable that if you have it enabled. Otherwise you might try to enable the intl PHP extension if it is disabled, or disable it if it is enabled. We don't pass any explicit flags to idn_to_ascii, and our polyfill should set the default appropriately so it's a bit puzzling why this would occur.
I was able to disable debug in config.php and now I have admin panel access.

Ah, it looks like this would only happen on PHP 7.2/7.3 with debug mode enabled. The default variant was deprecated in PHP 7.2 but not changed until PHP 7.4. I'll make adjustments to use the new default explicitly in future versions.

You should always use the latest PHP version that the software you are using is compatible with (including any add-ons and non-XF software where applicable). We recommend PHP 8.0 at the time of writing.

8.0 showed up as an option after upgrading from 7.3 to 7.4. When I installed 8.0 I lost site access and had to revert to 7.4. Does the upgrade take awhile? Maybe that was why as it could have been updating.

Does the upgrade take awhile?
Which upgrade do you mean, php or xenforo?
Depends on the version of Xenforo and speed of the hosting. I would use PHP 7.4 then upgrade Xenforo to the latest version, remember to update eventual addons too.
When all is done, you should have no problem switching to php 8.0 as Xenforo does support php 8.0.

Top Bottom