1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice work Xenforo team.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Shelley, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Haven't had the chance to congratulate you on what seems (frontend) a potentially great product. For me, it's a breathe of fresh air. For once (and I think this is a first from what I've seen) is that you haven't applied forum status icon legends on forumhome. And the threaddisplay (a couple of things I don't like) otherwise the page looks very clean, uncluttered and easy to navigate. Again, threadmarkers not used and that pesky legend is something I think was a good move. So, overall, I am liking what I see (liking more things than I don't like) so nice work team and hopefully the community can get behind you (not literally) and support what could be a very fine product. Nice work.
    Greg, jonsidneyb, Lisa and 7 others like this.
  2. Hasann

Hasann Member

welcome shelley
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Thank you! :D
  4. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

can i make these words mine? :)
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

Very nice work! I can't believe how well you guys are dealing with this.
    The bug reports, the feedback, listening to customers, taking down notes, researching everything, working things out, tweaking, pushing updates to the live sites, working on the code, completing code, etc .. Would take me more than few months to even get it organized and started.
  6. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Truly a fine start indeed.
  7. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

For what seems to be a small team this is one of the best and fastest development I have seen.
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  8. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

For the first time in a long time, I feel like there's hope for the future of my forum.
    vB4 is unworkable (at best) - XenForo looks to be the wave of the future! Bravo!
    Ceri May likes this.
  9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Who cares that it's small :D. It has the passion, the spirit, the understanding of what vBulletin has been all about :D. Innovation and Community :D
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Thanks, Shelley, and everyone else :)
  11. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Yep i can't wait to see what's planned down the road.
  12. ChipTz

ChipTz Member

Count me in! Seems very very promissing! Good luck Kier, Mike, Floris and everyone else involved!

Looking forward to see the performance on big forums such as my nearly 6.000.000 posts forum with average 2000 online users, I think it can't be worse than vB4.
  13. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I got one thing to say to the developers:
    Don't be afraid to continue, be afraid to stop.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It is a very small team - Mike and Kier. And they're doing an outstanding job!
  15. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

If I'd know a better word than outstanding, I'd use it. But I don't know any :(
  16. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

jonsidneyb, Vincent and Peggy like this.
  17. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

Is it really just Mike and Kier that are behind this project?
  18. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yep, with Ashley handling the business end.
  19. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

If you use plagiarism you can:eek:
  20. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

In business I would always look at my competition and try to find a way to do the opposite. Kinda goes along with the idea of not doing what everyone else is doing, but doing what no one else is doing.

The chance to go back and start all over and build it RIGHT, from the bottom up, based on solid experience? Wow! Fantastic job fellas! You WILL have great success, mostly because you're injecting real excitement where there was just boredom. Made my day! (Week?, year?)