• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

New XF Style Feedback please :)

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all, working on my first XF style, (Loving the flexibility of XF by the way).. anyways this will be the first release from my design company (ExpertPixels.com).. this is still very much a work in progress and will be released in several color sets.

Just hoping for some general feedback so that i can improve the product further.

Screenshot: (Again still a "Work in Progress")

166k95x.png

A huge thanks in advanced to anyone who takes the time to leave some feedback.

Regards, Darren

As this will be available as a resource for others, I've moved the thread to Resource Discussions.

Nice looking style (y)

VERY nice. Now that's a dark style I can live with, because all the black is broken up by the beautiful category strips.

GOOD job, so far.

Looks great other than the node icons(new,page ect) they just seem out of place on this particular style, but nonetheless great job :)

it´s really cool

and what will be the price?

As for the price our premium XF Styles will be $19- (1 year worth of updates and priority support and access to a members only section on ExpertPixels.com that will contain customization tips & techniques) 3-4 color sets will be included in the one package for this release, branding free option will incur a $10 fee... Also as i am in need of a new XF license for a nice domain i have: Motorbikesform.com i will provide a 25% discount code for all XenForo.com members.

Thanks to everyone who has left positive feedback.. again it's my first XF style, i do have years of experience coding vBulletin 4 styles and various other CMS platforms styles/designs so i really expect to release some quality work over the coming months.

Regards, Darren

PS... if any other designers are interested in joining ExpertPixels.com please PM me, i would really love to have a great team working with me.

I love the skin , my fav colours as its easy on my eyes...

Also happens to be the default colours of a forum I help run...

Modern , Stylish spring to mind.. 5 Star also...

Look forward to the final release...

Regards..

I like the wrap-around forum icons, though I would shrink them somewhat. I also like the tab-alternative devices in the navigation bar. Colour scheme is nice. Good job so far :)

I agree with Peggy that this is a sharp looking dark style. The additional color breaks up the page nicely. I also agree with kier in that the forum icons are a bit too large. The proportions are off though the way that they wrap around is slick.

Firstly Thanks for the great feedback, this will only help to produce a better final outcome..

Any word on a release date..?

As for a release date nothing solid in mind (will aim to complete it within 7 days), ive found a few issues with the style and need to address these matters.. Now as ive taken my sweet arse time finishing this style i will release the style for free instead of selling (A branding free option will still be available).. The style is my first XF and i know i can produce much better work than this so the premium styles will be about 1 month away.

Thanks again for the all feedback.

Regards, Darren

Very nice style.

My suggested tweaks:

• The new/read/page graphics could do with being a little smaller. I also think they 'go around the corner' from the wrong spot. Suggestion to fix both those problems would be to have it come into view from the edge of the forum category blocks, not the border you have around them. That would make them narrower but also more neat imo.
  • on a related note, I'm more a fan of a picture on the status icons rather than text, but maybe that's just a personal preference more than anything.
  • Lots of nice shades of grey, but I think it needs a splash more color in the nav area at the top, it seems a bit too plain compared to the rest of the page with all the yellow bits. something small would do, such as making the navbar elements the same yellow on mouse-over. (maybe you did that already but we can't tell from just a photo I guess)
It's an awesome skin already, don't get me wrong, just little things!

Just saw this thread for the first time, very nice looking style, but I have to agree with Kier and Russ that the way the current forum icons are seems a bit off. Maybe if you made them a tad smaller as Kier suggested and centered them, it'd look a little cleaner.

Top Bottom