Style New style feedback please...

Erik

Wondering what you guys think about this:

nfUjP.png

Goal is to be very minimalistic, clean, and most importantly load very fast by using a minimal (heh) amount of images and stripping the CSS down as much as possible.

The plan is to use as much CSS3 and SVG icons as possible, as well, so that it will have full support for HiDPI displays (at least as much as possible until XF upgrades some core features like thumbnail creation).

Thoughts? Any suggestions large or small are welcomed. :)

The plan is to use as much CSS3 and SVG icons as possible, as well, so that it will have full support for HiDPI displays
Music to my ears. Are you going to use svg spritesheet?
I see you have the rss icon and node icon. I hope it's svg?

Music to my ears. Are you going to use svg spritesheet?
I see you have the rss icon and node icon. I hope it's svg?
That's the plan, but I have to do some research on how to best use SVG sprite sheets and how to fallback if the support isn't there. It may involve the use of Modernizr, although I also want to avoid using as much JavaScript as I can, again for performance reasons.

How about using font-icon which is text based?
http://css-tricks.com/examples/IconFont/
It could be a possibility, although it doesn't render as nicely as an SVG would, especially in Windows, and it really limits my options in regards to gradients and styling of the icons. The color-independence is nice, though. The ideal method would be an SVG that can have dynamic coloring, perhaps by layering it on top of a background-image. We'll have to see.

Where can I pre-order? Keep up the good work, though I'm curious as to whether or not you'll allow it to have the customization your other themes/skins have.

Top Bottom