Add-on New Wordpress Bridge in Development

faeronsayn

I've paid someone to develop a Wordpress bridge and it's almost complete. It is currently being tested on my Wordpress site.

The main issue I had with the current bridges was that they did not create a user on Wordpress. This made lots of Wordpress plugins useless, since they have no users to work with.

This bridge will create a user on wordpress with the same user ID.

Other features- Avatar sync
- Username sync
- Password sync
- Usergroup sync
- Single sign-on

xenForo handles everything related to the users. When a user registers on xenForo, logs in, and visits Wordpress the user is copied over to wordpress and logged in on Wordpress.

If you ever do decide to disable the bridge, your users will no longer be in sync but their content and accounts will remain intact on both platforms.

It will be released this week, or early next week.

Price hasn't been decided though, but it shouldn't be that much.

Are you at liberty to say who the developer is by chance? And on a side note, awesome job for funding this!

It will be released this week, or early next week.

Price hasn't been decided though, but it shouldn't be that much.
Good to hear! If you're looking for someone else to beta test let me know. I'll still buy it of course.

A really key feature would be if Wordpress cache plugins work.
does the wordpress cookie play nice with this one? or WP full page caching will never work.

I doubt caching plugin will work since it uses cookies for single sign-on. It'll be a little difficult to work around full page caching plugins like w3 total cache. I haven't tested with that plugin extensively, but I am pretty sure it won't work with the bridge, any page caching or header caching plugins for that matter.

Perhaps I will need a bridge of another CMS myself. But I have no idea how much usually is asked for something like this. Can you say how much you paid for it? You can also PM me if you prefer.

What about comments, can it create a thread ?

Since the bridge will have single sign-on. Once you login on xenforo, you'll automatically login on your wordpress account and comments can be made with that account. We're currently working on having avatars in sync, so both accounts will have the exact same avatar.

As for thread creation, or thread promotion none of that will be available initially. It may come at a later date, but it's unlikely. This bridge is really to integrate the users of the two platforms more than anything else.

Since the bridge will have single sign-on. Once you login on xenforo, you'll automatically login on your wordpress account and comments can be made with that account. We're currently working on having avatars in sync, so both accounts will have the exact same avatar.

As for thread creation, or thread promotion none of that will be available initially. It may come at a later date, but it's unlikely. This bridge is really to integrate the users of the two platforms more than anything else.

Okay, looking forward to it! Thank you for this add-on! Please release it as soon as you can!

The reason I asked about threads is because they can come up on user streams, and makes the site much more interconnected.

Okay, looking forward to it! Thank you for this add-on! Please release it as soon as you can!

The reason I asked about threads is because they can come up on user streams, and makes the site much more interconnected.

The only concern with this is duplicate content. That's one of the problems I had with the other WP/XF plugin.

What might be a future plan is to record user's wordpress activity in xenForo. For example, when a user makes a comment, or creates a post.

It was a concern too, but I do not believe it is an issue. It was discussed here:

SEO Questions - Duplicate Content

Good discussion and touches on one of the major issues with the plugin I had been using. No support for canonical links. In some cases, my forum content which had snippets or even just a link was outranking my blog post.

I think the best practice would be to unify the discussion and have a canonical link to the blog post.

does this bridge need a fresh Wordpress install ?

I would like to work on my wordpress, adding articles - using the Admin account, after the bridge is installed, it should work with my Xenforo? Will it match with user ID 1, on xenforo?

What if I also get other members to start posting? --

How does this bridge behave with other WP plugins?

Does it take over the Xenforo style at all or completely new wordpress theme of whatever we choose?

Top Bottom