Add-on New Wordpress Bridge in Development

does this bridge need a fresh Wordpress install ?

I would like to work on my wordpress, adding articles - using the Admin account, after the bridge is installed, it should work with my Xenforo? Will it match with user ID 1, on xenforo?

What if I also get other members to start posting? --

How does this bridge behave with other WP plugins?

• At the moment, if there are wordpress users already before the bridge is installed, you will have to manually connect them with your xenForo users. Most likely through the database.
    • So I would say, it's better to have a clean Wordpress install. As for the xenForo part, it can already have content and users. Since users are created on Wordpress, not on xenForo.
    • The Wordpress install that I am currently testing on is not a fresh install, so I am going to make sure there is a way for admins to be able to set up the bridge with a populated Wordpress site.
  • Yes, you should have no problems adding articles and working on your Wordpress account. The plugin will come with user group sync / mapping. That means that you can specify what role the wordpress user should have if they are in a certain user group on xenForo. This works best if you only enable one secondary group in xenForo.
  • This bridge is made to start a community on Wordpress, and integrate it with your xenForo members. You shouldn't have a problem if you get users to start posting on Wordpress.
  • Current Plugins conflict
    • Buddypress (Haven't explored the reason why)
    • W3 Total Cache (Messes up Single Sign On)
    • White Label CMS (Messes up Avatar Sync) - Haven't figured out why
Fancy linking your site so we can check it out in action? Get a few hits to your page too!

I'll set-up a testing site where you can login and test the features.

Does it take over the Xenforo style at all or completely new wordpress theme of whatever we choose?

There is no theme integration. Only user integration at the moment.

• At the moment, if there are wordpress users already before the bridge is installed, you will have to manually connect them with your xenForo users. Most likely through the database.
    • So I would say, it's better to have a clean Wordpress install. As for the xenForo part, it can already have content and users. Since users are created on Wordpress, not on xenForo.
Are the existing XF users automatically synced to WP?

Are the existing XF users automatically synced to WP?

Yup, right when they visit Wordpress, a user is created on wordpress for them and they are signed in. This works amazingly well if the Wordpress install is fresh. If it's not, it goes through a bit of checks to integrate an existing user, if it can't find a matching one then it'll create a new one.

Yup, right when they visit Wordpress, a user is created on wordpress for them and they are signed in. This works amazingly well if the Wordpress install is fresh. If it's not, it goes through a bit of checks to integrate an existing user, if it can't find a matching one then it'll create a new one.
Ok good to know. I currently only have two accounts in wordpress (admin and me).

Great to see a decent bridge finally being worked on :-)
I started with one earlier this week, but it's nice to see you've got it covered already.

Well done!

Top Bottom