Lack of interest New user conversation for manually registered users (via admin CP)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

jauburn

Occasionally I have the need to manually add a user (or users) from the back end via the Users -> +Create New User button. When I do this, however, the new welcome conversation configured on the User Registration screen does not get sent.

I suggest that an option be placed on the User Registration screen to allow this conversation to be sent to manually added users.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think that screen has ever been intended for legitimate sign ups and shouldn't be used as such.

What scenario(s) have warranted having to register a user in that manner rather than through the default registration method?

What scenario(s) have warranted having to register a user in that manner rather than through the default registration method?

Three scenarios:

1. I have a user base (and a potential user base) that is sometimes "old school" and less technologically inclined, so for members of this type that we know will be valuable contributors, we help them along by pre-registering them.

2. I also have had a user base of college students who had to be pre-registered for various reasons (one of those reasons is that the board is never open to the public). I want those folks to receive the new user conversation.

3. As admin, I sometimes want to test an addition to the "New user conversation" by creating a user myself. When I do that currently, no conversation is sent.

Legitimate as in being a legitimate user who I going to post/contribute. I would have assumed any accounts created via the admin panel have been created by the administrators for testing etc. Though jauburn makes a good point regarding the less technologically inclined. In my case I'd just fire them a PC manually as I wouldn't expect to be that many of them.

Top Bottom