1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New thread titles are not bold enough

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AndyB, Aug 20, 2010.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Please make thread titles which have new posts since last viewed stand out more. Currently it's very difficult to tell which threads are bold and which are not.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's why unread threads have a dot to the left of the title. But really, the bold vs unbold thing tends to vary by OS. They seem very noticeable in Windows; less so on a Mac because of the different text rendering approach.

3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply Mike. I'm using Vista and Firefox 4.0 b3.

There must be something you can do to make the bold more emphasized. The little dot next to the thread title is not a good solution.

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Here is an image of showing how the bold thread title are very difficult to differentiate from the non-bold thread title.

Untitled-1.jpg

I think the primary reason it's so difficult to to see the difference is the choice of font color.

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

hmmmm I use both Vista and FF, and Windows 7 and FF, and neither of them look like that. The new threads are much bolder than the old threads.

6. James

James Well-Known Member

Could try using font-weight: bolder; instead of font-weight: bold; but that could be "too bold" for windows users.

7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

-
    Wow. If this was Floris' problem (I don't know, combined with his eyes?) then I surely understand the issue now. This is what it looks on my Win XP (with default font settings, no cleartype etc) and FF:

bold.png

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That's how it looks on mine too Grover.