New thread titles are not bold enough

AndyB

Please make thread titles which have new posts since last viewed stand out more. Currently it's very difficult to tell which threads are bold and which are not.

Upvote 0
That's why unread threads have a dot to the left of the title. But really, the bold vs unbold thing tends to vary by OS. They seem very noticeable in Windows; less so on a Mac because of the different text rendering approach.

Thank you for your reply Mike. I'm using Vista and Firefox 4.0 b3.

There must be something you can do to make the bold more emphasized. The little dot next to the thread title is not a good solution.

Here is an image of showing how the bold thread title are very difficult to differentiate from the non-bold thread title.

Untitled-1.webp

I think the primary reason it's so difficult to to see the difference is the choice of font color.

Here is an image of showing how the bold thread title are very difficult to differentiate from the non-bold thread title.

View attachment 1122

I think the primary reason it's so difficult to to see the difference is the choice of font color.
hmmmm I use both Vista and FF, and Windows 7 and FF, and neither of them look like that. The new threads are much bolder than the old threads.

Could try using font-weight: bolder; instead of font-weight: bold; but that could be "too bold" for windows users.

untitled-1-jpg.1122

-
Wow. If this was Floris' problem (I don't know, combined with his eyes?) then I surely understand the issue now. This is what it looks on my Win XP (with default font settings, no cleartype etc) and FF:

bold.webp

Top Bottom