1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.0 New thread not showing up in Resource Manager

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by fredrikse, May 15, 2013.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Hi,

I'm currently setting up the Resource Manager. In my scenario I want a new discussion thread to be created whenever a new resource is added. This works fine. But I can't find a button to the thread when I look at the resource (the way it is here at Xenforo). Why?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In each category, have you set the "Automatically Create thread in Forum" setting?

3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Yes. Still not showing up. I have made a couple of test resources just to try it out.

4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Something isn't set correctly then, this is how it works on my forum and here just fine.
    Make sure you have rights to make a new thread in the forum you've selected.

5. Jeremy

6. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

The thread itself is created. Maybe I'm all wrong here, but I thought a button would show up next to the resource acting as a link to the newly created discussion thread, like in Xenforo?

capture02.JPG

7. Jeremy

Are you using a custom style? Is the resource_view template modified? Do you see a "Discussion" tab?

8. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

No, I can't see a discussion tab. Which I found a little bit odd since I have seen it here at Xenforo. Regarding the template it has not been modified and the current style is not heavily customized. I'm a bit clueless at the moment.

9. Jeremy

I'm out of ideas without specifically looking at your set up. If you'd like me to look, send me a PC.

10. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Isn't the normal behavior (when thread create option is selected) that a thread is created and visible with a button in the resource itself? I just created a new test resource but still nothing is visible. Could there be an issue with the template (seems strange since I haven't altered any of the templates associated with the RM)?​

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it work on a default, unedited style?

12. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I changed to default style. Still no difference. I created a new resource and the thread was posted in the correct forum. But there is no link showing up about the thread.

13. Brogan

If you can provide an admin log in I can take a look.

14. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Thanks for your kind offer! Tonight when I get home I will setup an admin login for you :)

15. Brogan

I am stumped.
    I have created a new style with no parent, checked the category settings and all seems to be OK.

The thread is being created but the tab never appears in the resource.

I don't really have time to look into it any more tonight but I will try again later/tomorrow.

16. Brogan

Try disabling all add-ons and trying again.

17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

...all add-ons other than the RM. :)

Jeremy and Brogan like this.
  18. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Strange. I will go ahead and backup my site and install it in my dev platform. Then I will disable the add-ons and see what happens.

19. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I imported the live forum to a test platform. Then I disabled all add-ons. The I turned them on, one at a time. At the end the "Discuss" button showed up with all add-ons active. How come it worked all of a sudden? Something happening when disabling/enabling add-ons?

20. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Now I have located the add-on causing the "Discuss this resource" not showing up when creating the resource. It's XenSocialize by GFNCoders (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/goodfornothing-xensocialize.820/). When it's turned only the resource is created but without the button to the discussion thread. When the same add-on is deactivated and the resource is created with a corresponding thread the "Discuss this resource" is showing up like it should.