New Stripe Checkout

RobinHood

Stripe have unveiled their new checkout.

You can test it here with this test card info

The roadmap for the next few months:

• Support for Google Pay (in addition to Apple Pay, which is already supported)
  • Support for coupons
  • Support for iDEAL, SEPA Debit, and other European payment methods, with the most relevant payment methods surfaced to the customer based on their country
  • Shipping address support
  • Better support for saving customer details and reusing saved payment methods
  • Ability to pre-fill more customer details, such as contact and shipping informatio

Paypal are apparently rolling out a pretty shocking change to their system this week where if you refund a purchase processed through paypal, they will only refund the approx 30 cents fixed transaction fee, but keep the approx 3% total transaction fee, which could be massive on large purchases.

This could be a boon to Stripe if a load of people end up dumping Paypal because of this.

Louis Rossmann has just removed it from his online shop and forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stripe have unveiled their new checkout
It's very interesting I think. Question is if it's possible to integrate the button in Xenforo in any way and that's could be interesting if anyone is willing to sell some simple things through his forum. Here's an example of the code if someone want to look at it.
Code:
<!-- Load Stripe.js on your website. -->
<script src="https://js.stripe.com/v3"></script>

<!-- Create a button that your customers click to complete their purchase. Customize the styling to suit your branding. -->
<button
  style="background-color:#6772E5;color:#FFF;padding:8px 12px;border:0;border-radius:4px;font-size:1em"
  id="checkout-button-sku_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  role="link"
>
  Checkout
</button>

<div id="error-message"></div>

<script>
  var stripe = Stripe('pk_live_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

var checkoutButton = document.getElementById('checkout-button-sku_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx');
  checkoutButton.addEventListener('click', function () {
    // When the customer clicks on the button, redirect
    // them to Checkout.
    stripe.redirectToCheckout({
      items: [{sku: 'sku_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx', quantity: 1}],

// Do not rely on the redirect to the successUrl for fulfilling
      // purchases, customers may not always reach the success_url after
      // a successful payment.
      // Instead use one of the strategies described in
      // https://stripe.com/docs/payments/checkout/fulfillment
      successUrl: 'https://www.domani.com/success',
      cancelUrl: 'https://www.domain.com/canceled',
    })
    .then(function (result) {
      if (result.error) {
        // If `redirectToCheckout` fails due to a browser or network
        // error, display the localized error message to your customer.
        var displayError = document.getElementById('error-message');
        displayError.textContent = result.error.message;
      }
    });
  });
</script>

I have my own merchant service and it is so much cheaper than stripe or PayPal. I was getting eaten up on fees from these companies and no more.

How much better than Stripe's 1.4% from are you getting? And in what country?

How easy/expensive has it been to integrated that merchant into your site though?

I have a dedicated credit card terminal in the UK and I've managed to get the following rates, which I think are pretty good for taking card payments in person, but I have to pay a fixed amount per month for those rates.

Debit card .5%
Credit card .8%
International/business card 1.5%

I've not looked into their online payment gateway just because Stripe does everything I need and integrates easily with no monthly payments, and the UI and UX is lovely. I'm not really turning over large enough sums to make it worth trying to knock another 0.6 - 0.9% off.

How much better than Stripe's 1.4% from are you getting? And in what country?

How easy/expensive has it been to integrated that merchant into your site though?

I have a dedicated credit card terminal in the UK and I've managed to get the following rates, which I think are pretty good for taking card payments in person, but I have to pay a fixed amount per month for those rates.

Debit card .5%
Credit card .8%
International/business card 1.5%

I've not looked into their online payment gateway just because Stripe does everything I need and integrates easily with no monthly payments, and the UI and UX is lovely. I'm not really turning over large enough sums to make it worth trying to knock another 0.6 - 0.9% off.

Most people who use Xenforo in the US would be dealing with Card Not Present transactions. Stripe is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, so a $10 transaction is nearly 6%! I use a couple of different merchant services spanning a few hundred small businesses. We can beat Stripe every time, and we get a revenue share as well. I can't speak for the UK however. Might be good for you there.

I'm bumping my previous request.

Can someone tell me how it's possible to integrate a stripe checkout button inside Xenforo?

I think that this could be interesting for everyone that has to sell a few things on the forum and want to use a relatively simple payment...

Oh, that looks great. Would also be very interested in having support for one-time payments for classifieds for example :)

Top Bottom