XF 2.1 New Smilies?

Sisterhood

i successfully completed the update to 2.1, but the new smilies aren't there, how do i get them?
they're not automatically in?

They are not smilies. The additional images in the smilie menu are actually emojis. To use them, you must have a database that supports them. Your XF2 install has always been able to use emojis, but, again, only if your database supports them. XF 2.1 merely displays them alongside the default smilies.

To enable emoji support, you need to follow the steps in the manual that Mike linked to.

hi, anybody can help or refer me to a guide to do this on shared host? my hosting service dont have ssh access.

i want to try this manually in phpmyadmin, and found options to change from utf8mb4_general_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci for tables. but unsure if the columns (and which is good) to convert too.

thanks.

It's not something we would recommend attempting to do manually. Your most may be able to run the command for you. (Note that we strongly recommend backing up your database before this.)

It's not something we would recommend attempting to do manually. Your most may be able to run the command for you. (Note that we strongly recommend backing up your database before this.)

My host is stating they are unable to do this for me, any idea how I can automate this somehow without command line?

Top Bottom