Fixed New smilies don't show

Mr Lucky

Affected version
After upgrading to 2.1 (test site) A whole load of new emoji smilies appear (which I don't want) but if they are added to a post, then nothing shows.

There seems to be no option either in smilies or message options to turn these off. Obviously if they can be turned off, it's not a bug and I contritely apologise for bothering you (except it's not obvious how to turn them off so that could be a bug in itself unless I'm missing something very obvious 🤪😡)

e.g. octopuses which shows here 🐙but not on my site.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, are you using "fullUnicode" in config.php?

If you try to post various emojis via something like your phone, do they work?

Just to confirm, are you using "fullUnicode" in config.php?
No, I just had a look at that in the manual. I don't want emojis anyway - just mentioning that they didn't seem to work.

Presumably that explains it

If you try to post various emojis via something like your phone, do they work?

No, nor do I want that.

So maybe the only issue for me is how to not have them showing under smilies in the bbcode toolbar?

Yeah, the bug here would really be that we're showing the emoji options when they're not usable.

Thinking about it, even if you have emoji
Yeah, the bug here would really be that we're showing the emoji options when they're not usable.

@Mike It would be useful to have the emojis removable from the smilie box, even when you allow them from a device.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.1.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Ensure that the new emoji menu and autocomplete respects the fullUnicde option fully. In addition to the existing option which disables the autocomplete add a new option to disable emojis from the smilie menu.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom