XF 1.1 New registration default group

mcadx

Is there a way to modify the default group for new registrations? The idea being that users would have to have x number of posts before being allowed to user certain features. We'd prefer to leave the default Registered group un-touched. Meaning, we'd prefer to promote users TO it rather than promoting users FROM it.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to modify the default group for new registrations? The idea being that users would have to have x number of posts before being allowed to user certain features. We'd prefer to leave the default Registered group un-touched. Meaning, we'd prefer to promote users TO it rather than promoting users FROM it.

Thanks in advance.

You can use the user group promotion system to automate this task.

We'd prefer to leave the default Registered group un-touched. Meaning, we'd prefer to promote users TO it rather than promoting users FROM it.
I was thinking the same way originally but there really isn't any harm to creating a second group and having your default Registered group be promoted from it. You could actually change the "Title" of the of the default Registered group to something else so you could call your new group Registered instead but it really doesn't affect much since nobody sees that title except for your staff members (by default your user titles come from the "Trophy User Titles" entries).

Registered is actually the most accurate name for it though, as all members are registered.

I created additional groups such as verified, active, etc. and promote members into them based on number of posts, etc.

Registered is actually the most accurate name for it though, as all members are registered.

I created additional groups such as verified, active, etc. and promote members into them based on number of posts, etc.
When I created an additional group to stop the human spammers I took the lazy method to naming.... "Registered+" :D

You can also change the groupid in XenForo_Model_User via a plugin
PHP:
public static function initDependencies(XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract $dependencies, array $data){
XenForo_Model_User::$defaultRegisteredGroupId = 5;
}

I recommend against changing the default group for new registrations. Just invert it. Treat the current default group as the non-privileged group, and create a new group that is privileged.

Top Bottom