No permission to download

Thomas.B

mvk submitted a new resource:

This add-on shows threads with unread posts in three different tabs

View attachment 116222

New Content

The built-in XenForo „New Posts“ tab shows all threads with unread posts. This add-on splits this set of threads in threads that a user has read at least once and all other threads and shows the former in a „New Posts“ tab and the latter in a „New Threads“ tab. To avoid two „New Posts“ tabs the add-on renames the built-in XF „New Posts“ tab to „New Posts and Tabs“.

Hint...

Read more about this resource...

Cost of branding removal? (Remove the copyright you've added) How much?.
What is the sentence in the copyright?
The support is Lifetime?

newposts-gif.116222

Nice idea
- Is it possible to make the (Recent posts / Recent threads) as a default in the tabs instead of (New posts / New threads) ?

I would be happy to buy it if you add this feature

For the sake of clarity: you would like that both the „New Posts“ and „New Threads“ tab show the recent content by default for all users and the „New Posts and Threads“ tab the new content. In this case, I think it would be a good idea to also rename the tabs to „Recent Posts“ and „Recent Threads“. Otherwise the users may be somewhat confused. Furthermore there should also be a link to new content searches in the recent content result pages so that the users can search for new content.

It shouldn't take too long to implement this. But actually I'm not quite sure if a significant amount of users would be interested in this feature.. May I ask why you prefer the recent content over the new content?

For the sake of clarity: you would like that both the „New Posts“ and „New Threads“ tab show the recent content by default for all users and the „New Posts and Threads“ tab the new content. In this case, I think it would be a good idea to also rename the tabs to „Recent Posts“ and „Recent Threads“. Otherwise the users may be somewhat confused. Furthermore there should also be a link to new content searches in the recent content result pages so that the users can search for new content.

It shouldn't take too long to implement this. But actually I'm not quite sure if a significant amount of users would be interested in this feature.. May I ask why you prefer the recent content over the new content?

I want to make the Recent posts/threads as a default, like this:
(something like a swap between recent and new)

upload_2015-9-7_17-34-10.webp

The users like the to see the recent posts because sometime they read the new posts in a thread but the want to reply after, so that thread will not be shown again if they use (new post) tab. Recent posts is better for us + the default option in vBulletin was recent posts, the users feel comfortable with that from 10 years.

At the moment, we are using this mod:
CTA Recent Posts

But your mod have more option
If you make an option to put the recent as default then we will remove that addon and use your addon.

k, I see. That sounds reasonable @sadiq6210. I'm going to implement it in the next minor release (1.1). I've currently planned to have an additional link „Recent Posts and Threads“ in the navbar like with the CTA add-on that will have recent content as the default and also two perms for these links to show and hide them.

Top Bottom